• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Astromath

First Post
I had submitted a couple of FAQs to be included in sheet FAQ back in post 501. But it looks like it got passed over without comment. So, I'll submit them again:

Question: How do I access the D&D Adventurers League Downloads Center?
Answer: Ask your organizer for the password if you are one of the designated DMs.

Question: Where can I find the Unearthed Arcana articles?
Answer: You can find them in WotC's Feature Page found here: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features

New submission:

Question: Where can I find rules clarifications?
Answer: You can find them in the Sage Advice Compendium found here: http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/SA_Compendium.pdf

Question: Are there any errata and where can I find them?
Answer: You can find them here: http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/PH_Errata_1.1.pdf Only the Player's Handbook have errata so far. This FAQ will be updated as new errata is published.

Headbomb

First Post
I'm using a 17" laptop at 100% scaling and I have no problem reading the print on the sheet. The only two places I have trouble reading is the sheet version printed along the right side of the sheet and the asterisked note about the list of actions.

Mine's a 13" at 1600x900 resolution. The problem is not the sheet/PDF itself, it displays fine either way (and you can zoom in if you have trouble reading the fine print). But it adjusts the size of desktop icons, text, menus, popup text, etc... and apparently that causes some issues in the popup texts. Like I said though, not that big a deal.

I wouldn't call it fixed per se. 100% scaling on the laptop is tiny and almost unusable. But the cause of problem has been found, as is the workaround. 125% was the default scaling (and my preference), so I suspect it's more than just a few people that would run into this, but how widespread it is would really depend on what people have for tablet/laptop models.

If it's worth spending time fixing is an entirely different issue. It's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, since everything *still works*, but some people willl run into this issue and not have the full text of these popups available to them.

At the very least the initial pop up / FAQ should mention that using 100% DPI scaling is required for some of the popups to display correctly.
Good idea to have it mentioned in the FAQ, I have added it there in v9.9.

I also think the Auto/Manual dialog should no longer be misaligned in v9.9, but I could be wrong. The intro texts will still be cut off, however. Unfortunately there is no way to query Windows for what scaling it is using, so I cannot have the dialog compensate for it.

Currently going over the FAQ. Found this typos/issues/...

*In section 1.4 - In set an image from another source...
** Did you mean "To set an image...?"

*In section 2.7 - Cantrips that require a save instead of an attack role...
** Should be "attack roll..."

* In section 2.9 - There is, however, a project undergoing to translate to Portuguese (BR).
** What does BR mean?

*In section 2.9 - ...because they take up a lot of time and no there is little to no interest in a Dutch version of D&D
** Should be "because they take up a lot of time and there is little to no interest in a Dutch version of D&D"
Thanks for proofing the FAQ text, I wrote most in a hurry as you probably could tell ;)

The (BR) refers to Brazil, as the translator is translating to Brazilian Portuguese.

I had submitted a couple of FAQs to be included in sheet FAQ back in post 501. But it looks like it got passed over without comment. So, I'll submit them again:

Question: How do I access the D&D Adventurers League Downloads Center?
Answer: Ask your organizer for the password if you are one of the designated DMs.

Question: Where can I find the Unearthed Arcana articles?
Answer: You can find them in WotC's Feature Page found here: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features

New submission:

Question: Where can I find rules clarifications?
Answer: You can find them in the Sage Advice Compendium found here: http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/SA_Compendium.pdf

Question: Are there any errata and where can I find them?
Answer: You can find them here: http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/PH_Errata_1.1.pdf Only the Player's Handbook have errata so far. This FAQ will be updated as new errata is published.
I didn't include all of the questions you suggested, because I wanted to include the frequently asked questions and the questions that pertain to the sheet. Getting access to the AL downloads center is neither something that anybody has ever asked (me) in regards to this sheet, nor has it much to do with this sheet. I think people would be more inclined to google something like this than to look for it in the FAQ of some home-made character sheet.

Even though the same goes for the other three questions you suggest, I thought about it and included them in some other form, as a question about what sources the sheet does and doesn't use.

I never use it at any other resolution so I did not know about the problem.
The issue is not with the screen resolution, it doesn't matter at what resolution your screen functions (unless it is less than the dialog, but in that case you would probably not be able to use Windows at all). What we are referring to is "Display Scaling" (also called "DPI scaling" or "Custom sizing options" and a number of other things, varying on what version of Windows you are talking about. See here for some explanation about what it is. You would use it for displays that have a high resolution, but not the physical dimensions to support this resolution and give readable text (so a small screen with a high resolution, such as Headbomb's 13" laptop with 1600x900 pixels).

I've updated the Character Generator/Sheet again, this time adding the races and racial options found in the SCAG.

New with this version is the addition of bonus features that will only be available to people that donate. I'm not sure how they will go over, so let me know what you think! This sheet takes up a lot of my time and I love adding stuff for you guys, but when they are things that I or my group doesn't use, they feel a little bit like a waste of time. So I try this way of making my time working on this sheet a little more worthwhile. Read more about this on the download page. Note that I will still be updating the regular version with all the rules and features. The bonus version only has some new graphical options (for now).

Character Sheet/Generator v9.9 (19-11-2015) has the following changelog:
- NEW FEATURE: added more coloury options (HP Dragon and Pink) in the bonus version [people who have donated will receive an email to download this bonus version]
- SCAG update: added all races (ghostwise halfling, half-elf and tiefling options)
- Fixed a bug for updating the level when no class is defined
- Fixed some scaling issue with the “auto/manual” dialog (but the intro text will still be cut off, unfortunately)
- Updated the FAQ (with some suggestions from Headbomb)

MistrOrnge

Explorer
Both Letter and A4 are showing as containing a pretty nasty virus. Please check it out on your end. I see in the comments under the sheets that someone else is seeing the problem as well.
Thanks for the hard work.
Charles

Both Letter and A4 are showing as containing a pretty nasty virus. Please check it out on your end. I see in the comments under the sheets that someone else is seeing the problem as well.
Thanks for the hard work.
Charles
I can assure you there are no viruses in the files. It is a false positive by Avast antivirus. I have written about it in the downloads explanation:

Download Description said:
Avast antivirus false positive
Unfortunately Avast antivirus wrongly detects the Character Sheet/Generator as a virus. I can assure you that the file here is virus-free. I can ask Avast to remove it as a false positive, but I have to do it for every version I upload. I don't use Avast, but people that do could help a lot by reporting this false positive with the help of your Avast installation, see here how to do that. The more people that report it, the faster Avast will remedy the problem.

Because of MistrOrnge's post, I saw that some people commented in the downloads section. Comments there will not be read by me very often, so please use this forum thread!
karthaugh in the Download Comments said:
Is there any way to keep the armor class blank when printing? outside of selecting a purely blank sheet. It's all I need to figure out to make the sheet perfect. Thanks for the sheet!
There is! Simply delete the armor class gained from "armor bonus" and you'll see the big AC field go empty as well.

CAFRedblade in the Download Comments said:
I have an older version which i love, but the lastest version is triggering Avast with an exploit detected on both the Letter and A4 versions. I prefer to simply print out
a clean version and fill in things myself, can you upload a straight PDF without the Form Fill options. Thanks, would be awesome. Thanks again for the work.
See my answer above for the virus issue. I'm not going to upload a flattened PDF, then I would have two more unnecessary files to update every time. Simply tell your Avast to ignore the files or report the false positive to Avast (the latter will help all people that have this issue!).

karthaugh

First Post
is there any way to make the armor class box blank without blanking everything when printing? It's the only thing I can't figure out. Amazing sheet nonetheless, thanks for all the hard work!

JValeur

Explorer
is there any way to make the armor class box blank without blanking everything when printing? It's the only thing I can't figure out. Amazing sheet nonetheless, thanks for all the hard work!

He answered you two posts further up! :)

There is! Simply delete the armor class gained from "armor bonus" and you'll see the big AC field go empty as well.

Remove ads