• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Headbomb

First Post
All dialog's look right on my machine, and I tested it with Acrobat XI and DC on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. However, they don't scale well when you change the display settings to scale things up. Might it be that you are using another scale than 100%?

It might be due to resolution. I looked at them on my laptop, which I think is 1600x900, where on my desktop and at work, I'm at 1920x1080. Displays fine on the later, but I'll check 9.8.2 on my laptop when I get home.

Last edited:

Emparawr

First Post
Hey, I'm sure that you guys are probably swamped trying to add in all the new options from SCAG which is awesome, but I just had a thought today about your amazing character sheet that I thought others might appreciate as well. My DM has really begun to appreciate the use of Passive Ability Scores beyond just Passive Perception as a way of maintaing a fluid flow of RP and action in game without having to stop to have player make rolls for everything. My idea was that if you shifted the total bonus column to the left in the skills section there would be room for another column that would be for the passive score for each skill. I'm not sure how much work the programming part would be or if anyone else would really utilize it that much but it seemed to be an idea worth mentioning. Anyways thanks again for the awesome work an I look forward to a SCAG updated character and spell sheet. I'm playing a Bladesinger Wizard in my new campaign ;)

Yay! Any chance we can get the new cantrips in the

Complete Spell Sheets per class v3.4 (form-fillable).pdf
Complete Spell Sheets per class v4.1.pdf

Thanks for the work, still working on the SCAG with Noah, got the classes done, but working on the backgrounds this weekend.

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1180#ixzz3qixhIIZR
I'm not going to add the cantrips to the form-fillable version. Making that thing form-fillable is a nightmare I would rather never relive. I'll see to when I get to updating to a version 4.2 with the SCAG cantrips.

As for the "Read More", if I click that link it just brings me to the download page of my sheet, so I'm not sure what you had intended with it.

Weight (Aligned, but 'intro' cut off)
https://gyazo.com/ab33fa36e29142ca2d215d8cff2a699b

Abilities ('intro' cut off)
https://gyazo.com/cf13ac85cd1af31da610e64c6d37195a

Auto/Manual (Misaligned, and 'intro' cut off)
https://gyazo.com/827243ce1cc76e86e835544a53db529a
So if I'm understanding correctly these issues only occur on one of the three machines you tested it on. Could you just confirm for me that you are not using any display scaling/text scaling/DPI scaling in Windows? Because if you do scale your display to higher than 100% you are guaranteed to have an issue with the intro text being cut of. This is something that I can't fix.

It is really strange that the Auto/Manual is still misaligned in v9.8.2. I applied the exact same fix as I used for the Weight dialog. Can you confirm for me that these images are generated with v9.8.2?

Hey, I'm sure that you guys are probably swamped trying to add in all the new options from SCAG which is awesome, but I just had a thought today about your amazing character sheet that I thought others might appreciate as well. My DM has really begun to appreciate the use of Passive Ability Scores beyond just Passive Perception as a way of maintaing a fluid flow of RP and action in game without having to stop to have player make rolls for everything. My idea was that if you shifted the total bonus column to the left in the skills section there would be room for another column that would be for the passive score for each skill. I'm not sure how much work the programming part would be or if anyone else would really utilize it that much but it seemed to be an idea worth mentioning. Anyways thanks again for the awesome work an I look forward to a SCAG updated character and spell sheet. I'm playing a Bladesinger Wizard in my new campaign ;)
It is always great to get suggestions! However, with this case I don't really see a use for this for most players. Also, the implementation you suggest is only possible in the Letter version, and even there just barely. Personally, I don't really see the need for a field that effectively just adds 10 to the value of something. Passive Perception can get some extra modifiers, but almost no other skill has any rules about getting bonuses to their passive value. Adding 10 to something is mostly just reading the "+" symbol as a "1" and you're done. It really shouldn't require an auto-calculated field IMHO.

Greg Brouwer

First Post
I'm not going to add the cantrips to the form-fillable version. Making that thing form-fillable is a nightmare I would rather never relive. I'll see to when I get to updating to a version 4.2 with the SCAG cantrips.

As for the "Read More", if I click that link it just brings me to the download page of my sheet, so I'm not sure what you had intended with it.

Not sure where the Read More came from to be honest, but either way thanks for at least getting them in 4.2. Yeah I suppose the form fillable one would be a major pain; Any thoughts about adding more "entry level items" in to it, as 2 wouldn't be enough if you don't plan on updating it at all, and it would be my preferred method to keep things stored.

pdegan2814

First Post

It sounds like what your group needs is a way for the DM to reference everyone's passive scores quickly, not the players. The players can get their passive score easily by simply assuming a roll of 10 and adding their modifier. What the DM needs is a way to quickly see which players meet the passive skill threshold for the event in question. Something my group's DM recently did was create "quick-reference cards" for each of our characters, on which we filled in some of our basic info such as our main stats, HP, AC, which skills we were proficient in, passive Perception, etc. That way the DM has our vitals right in front of her rather than having to ask us repeatedly. Perhaps your DM could create a cheet sheet along these lines, basically a table with the passive skill scores for each of your characters. It could be a printed-out spreadsheet, drawn on a dry-erase board, whatever works best.

pdegan2814

First Post

It sounds like what your group needs is a way for the DM to reference everyone's passive scores quickly, not the players. The players can get their passive score easily by simply assuming a roll of 10 and adding their modifier. What the DM needs is a way to quickly see which players meet the passive skill threshold for the event in question. Something my group's DM recently did was create "quick-reference cards" for each of our characters, on which we filled in some of our basic info such as our main stats, HP, AC, which skills we were proficient in, passive Perception, etc. That way the DM has our vitals right in front of her rather than having to ask us repeatedly. Perhaps your DM could create a cheet sheet along these lines, basically a table with the passive skill scores for each of your characters. It could be a printed-out spreadsheet, drawn on a dry-erase board, whatever works best.

Not sure where the Read More came from to be honest, but either way thanks for at least getting them in 4.2. Yeah I suppose the form fillable one would be a major pain; Any thoughts about adding more "entry level items" in to it, as 2 wouldn't be enough if you don't plan on updating it at all, and it would be my preferred method to keep things stored.
I'm guessing with "entry level items" you mean the two empty lines at the bottom of every spell level and not something that is easy to do (i.e. "entry-level"). You can add more lines in the Excel Spell Sheet Generator yourself. You can simply add any spells to the database, including one with only lines filled out (or you can copy one of the spells that has the empty lines and rename it, and make sure it is of the level you want to add an empty line to).

Greg Brouwer

First Post
I'm guessing with "entry level items" you mean the two empty lines at the bottom of every spell level and not something that is easy to do (i.e. "entry-level"). You can add more lines in the Excel Spell Sheet Generator yourself. You can simply add any spells to the database, including one with only lines filled out (or you can copy one of the spells that has the empty lines and rename it, and make sure it is of the level you want to add an empty line to).

Ok, thanks the reply, always nice to know where an Author stands on the work they did in whats going to progress with new content and what isn't, sounds like its time for me to make the full switch to the spreadsheet.

Emparawr

First Post

I already made a quick reference sheet for him actually. Creating that was what made me think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to add the passive score column to the character sheet but there are generally so few ways to add to ones passive score anyways that as was already said, it probably is pretty unnecessary for most groups. Our DM had good reasons for needing it though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads