D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Character Sheet-Generator v9.9.5 (Letter)

the auto font size option at the "FLAW" text box does not active with in the Character Sheet-Generator v9.9.5 (Letter) pdf
Thank you for letting me know! This is so weirdly specific that I think I know what is going on. I just tested v9.9.5 (Letter) and could find nothing wrong that could cause this, so it is more likely the following:

If you activate a field (i.e. you are able to type into it) and then call on the text dialog to changes the font size, the font size of the field you have activated will only be applied once you leave that field. So in your case, I guess you were just typing into the "Flaw" text box and then decided you wanted to change the font size. After closing the text dialog, you saw the font size change everywhere else, but not for the text you were editing. If you then would've clicked anywhere else, you would've seen the font of the "Flaw" text box also change size. It was one of the things that has got me to think there was an error several times, only to find out I had activated the form field that I was expecting to change and nothing would change until I deactivated the form field.

However, I might be wrong and something else might be going on. So please let me know if the above is true for you or not.

SLOKnightfall

First Post
That is very unfortunate. I will need some more information before I'm able to remedy this problem. So could you answer me the following questions:

1) Does this happen with a blank sheet you just downloaded and are trying to save (i.e. you haven't filled out anything, just opened it and try to save it)?
2) Are you not using the sheet inside a browser window or something similar? (you probably aren't because than most functions won't work, but this is a worse-case question list)
3) What version of Adobe Acrobat are you running?
4) What OS are you running?
5) What CPU and RAM does your PC have? (the sheet can be resource-intensive when opening because of the way Acrobat handles JavaScript)

1) It originally happened after trying to save a filled in sheet, but I downloaded a new version and the problem occurred when trying to save a blank sheet also.
2) No, I was using Acrobat Reader.
3) Acrobat Reader XI v11.0.13
4) Running Win 7 Home Premium with latest SP & updates
4) The computer is running a Intel I5 - 2500 at 3.3 GHz W/ 20 GB ram

1) It originally happened after trying to save a filled in sheet, but I downloaded a new version and the problem occurred when trying to save a blank sheet also.
2) No, I was using Acrobat Reader.
3) Acrobat Reader XI v11.0.13
4) Running Win 7 Home Premium with latest SP & updates
4) The computer is running a Intel I5 - 2500 at 3.3 GHz W/ 20 GB ram
Thank you for your reply. There is nothing I can say with certainty about what is causing this. The fact that I'm unable to recreate it with Adobe Reader XI on a Win 7 machine makes it hard to troubleshoot.

Some thoughts:
- Try it with your virus scanner deactivated (or paused)
- Try it with the latest version of Acrobat Reader (version DC)
- Make sure you first save the download somewhere before opening it in Acrobat Reader
- What happens when you try to "Save As"?

SLOKnightfall

First Post
Thank you for your reply. There is nothing I can say with certainty about what is causing this. The fact that I'm unable to recreate it with Adobe Reader XI on a Win 7 machine makes it hard to troubleshoot.

Some thoughts:
- Try it with your virus scanner deactivated (or paused)
- Try it with the latest version of Acrobat Reader (version DC)
- Make sure you first save the download somewhere before opening it in Acrobat Reader
- What happens when you try to "Save As"?

Thanks for the help. I was able to track down the issue. Upgrading to the DC version kept the program from crashing and gave me a popup that it could not be saved due to having a virus in it. Disabling Avast antivirus let it save. Not quite sure why this version of the sheet triggered the issue while previous ones didn't.

Thanks for the help. I was able to track down the issue. Upgrading to the DC version kept the program from crashing and gave me a popup that it could not be saved due to having a virus in it. Disabling Avast antivirus let it save. Not quite sure why this version of the sheet triggered the issue while previous ones didn't.
Good to hear that you tracked down the issue. Maybe you can check if you Avast's virus library is fully updated. It shouldn't see this sheet as containing a virus anymore, but maybe it re-detects it as a virus once you save it. That would be very unfortunate...

With it being Sinterklaas' birthday, you all deserve a present. I have an update for both the Character and the Spell Sheet Generator!

An update to Character Sheet/Generator v9.9.6 (6-12-2015) with the following changelog:
- Added the option to change or disable the colour of the form field highlighting to the “Color” button menu
- Changed the welcome text to reflect the coloury options and the bonus version options
- Made all multi-line fields scrollable (i.e. when you enter more text than would fit into the field, the field allows for more input by using a scroll-bar). This will not do any good for people who print the sheet, but will make it more user-friendly for those who use the sheet purely digital
- Fixed some minor things in mouseover texts of some fields
- Fixed some errors with resetting

And an update to Spell Sheet Generator v7.1 (6-12-2015) with the following changelog:
- Fixed a bug where multiclassing a Warlock with a class that got less than full spellcasting (such as Arcane Trickster or Ranger) produced the wrong amount of spell slots (thanks RaTath for noticing)
- Fixed a bug where, on certain machines, the changing of the colours produced a run-time error (thanks Greg Brouwer for helping me troubleshoot this issue)
- Fixed a bug where, upon multiple consecutive changing of the colour, the images didn’t appear the way they are supposed to (wrong ratio, location, or size)
- Fixed a bug where it was impossible to generate a ‘complete list of spells’ when no class level was set
- Changed some images to their vector counterparts to produce higher quality PDFs

Last edited:

While making the new version of the Complete Spell Sheets per class, I found some little errors with the Spell Sheet generator. So there is a new version of both (already)

Spell Sheet Generator v7.2 (6-12-2015) with the following changelog:
- Fixed bug where the final pdf did not have enough room for the full glossary
- Upgraded the glossary’s graphic to a vector image
- Added SCAG to the glossary

Complete Spell Sheets per class v5.0 (6-12-2015) with the following changelog:
- Added the spells from the Sword Coast Adventure Guide
- Updated to reflect all the changes in the Spell Sheet Generator (i.e. glossary, vector images, etc.)
- Every class now has its own colour used in the headers (dragon heads are still red)

Headbomb

First Post
9.9.6 (Letter) version.

If I open it up, there's the intro pop up. If I do nothing, the sheet makes Adobe Reader crash.
If I open it up, there's the intro pop up. If I close the pop-up, everything works fine.

9.9.6 (Letter) version.

If I open it up, there's the intro pop up. If I do nothing, the sheet makes Adobe Reader crash.
If I open it up, there's the intro pop up. If I close the pop-up, everything works fine.
Thank you for letting me know about the issue. I have just tried this and after having v9.9.6 (Letter) open on the welcome dialog in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for 30 minutes, there are (still) no problems. Not being able to recreate your issue makes it hard to troubleshoot. How long does it usually take for Adobe Reader to crash? Could you try if updating Adobe Reader and/or turning off your antivirus has any effect?

Remove ads