D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Headbomb

First Post
Happens after like 5-10 seconds. It seems to try to load the sheet in the background, but fails.

No AV, and as far as I know i have the latest Adobe Reader. I will confirm later today though.

Astromath

First Post
I have another suggestion for the character sheet. Would it be possible to put in a the spell level/spell slot chart? I'm not asking for you to duplicate the excel sheet. Just the addition of that one chart. This is what I'm thinking, putting it under class features (I'm using a level 12 ranger for the example below):

* Spellcasting (Ranger 2, PHB 91)
I can cast ranger spells that I know using Wisdom as my spellcasting ability.
Spell Level: Slots: 1: 4; 2: 3; 3: 3

I think adding that 1 additional line should be simple enough and since it is only 1 line, shouldn't take up too much room. If it would be possible to add color to the class feature text, then I would suggest this:

Spell Level: Slots: 1: 4; 2: 3; 3: 3.

In other words, the spell level would be normal text color, and the number of spell slots a different text color. I'm only using red as an example. It could be a different color.

I have another suggestion for the character sheet. Would it be possible to put in a the spell level/spell slot chart? I'm not asking for you to duplicate the excel sheet. Just the addition of that one chart. This is what I'm thinking, putting it under class features (I'm using a level 12 ranger for the example below):

* Spellcasting (Ranger 2, PHB 91)
I can cast ranger spells that I know using Wisdom as my spellcasting ability.
Spell Level: Slots: 1: 4; 2: 3; 3: 3

I think adding that 1 additional line should be simple enough and since it is only 1 line, shouldn't take up too much room. If it would be possible to add color to the class feature text, then I would suggest this:

Spell Level: Slots: 1: 4; 2: 3; 3: 3.

In other words, the spell level would be normal text color, and the number of spell slots a different text color. I'm only using red as an example. It could be a different color.
Thank you for the suggestion.

It would be a challenging feat to program a comprehensible solution for adding the spell slots for multiclass(!) characters into the class feature lists (adding fixed text is one thing, but this is a lot more dynamic and editing it as a string in a bigger field is rough) [well for me at least, this is my first time programming anything ;)]. Besides this, I'm opposed to this idea because I feel it adds very little if you are also using a spell sheet next to it. It is not as if you want to use both of them to track your spell slots, one place should be enough.

As for the colours, it is impossible to make the text field have different colours for different letters and still be editable. So I could do it, but than you would lose the ability to edit any text in the field. As you can probably understand, I don't consider it an option.

Astromath

First Post
Since I can't use the excel sheet (I don't have excel and it costs too much to purchase), I thought that addition would be a feasible. I did not want it to keep track of slots used, only how many I have available. I just needed it to be able to be used in conjunction with the Complete Spell Sheet without having to look it up in the handbook.

I'll tell you the reason I needed this. I was updating a character and did not have the handbook available. So, I had no idea how many slots of each spell level I had available at the new character level.

But if you still say no, I'll live. The other possibilities is to add a button the java bar, mouse over text when the cursor is hovering over the Ability Save DC field, or the whole table in the FAQs (this might be treading on a few toes copyright-wise this way). I'd prefer one of the first two alternate suggestions.

About the color, ok, I understand. Maybe Acrobat will add that kind of feature in a later update.

neoldobyss

First Post
Someone using your player character sheet noted that the Auto-calculation fillable form created by MadBeard | v.1.14 April 2015 | listing the gear into their subsection locations [donned, waistbelt, & more] and wight limits [like the backpack weight limit] was addition that was attractive to him.

you already separate the weight in mostly in subject location but the location on the body and back limit are another type wight subsection with there their sub-total not allowing the backpack to overload in the Auto-calculation

Headbomb

First Post
What I do is put spell slots in the 'limited features' section of my sheet. Not super great for Wizards and Clerics since they memorize spells, but it works well with Eldritch Knight and Sorcerers.

neoldobyss

First Post
I think the MorePurpleMoreBetter's D&D 5th edition Character Sheet/Generator v9.9.6 (Letter) and others are one of the best file of it's kind out there and I would use it as the group game standard supplied player character sheet for the whole group and I will write the reasons why.

In the the past other sheet of natures were out for D&D as "Fixed" the data output in the field unchangeable. as they did level you up and down without allowing for the home brew system customizing within the data stored on file.

Maybe with the simplicity of D&D 5th edition and with his adaption to instead provide, a kind of text fluidity data dump output, time is now that you that can change it in editing things added and erased from the generated field date as he also adding the an all purpose fudging data modifier system.

The methodology build in, is you generate the cannon version of the player character sheet as adding the home brew stuff later as the field use "key words" instead tick boxed to add programmed functionality as an example changing; "Hand Crossbow, Longsword, Rapier, Shortsword" into "Hand Crossbow, Longsword, Rapier, Shortsword, Whip" will add that proficiency of the whip to player in attack fields within the program afterwards, as this could really include some exotic additions and some modern weapons as using the sheet in the new d20 modern!

the author has add the sheet record of the mechanics written right on the sheet as rising and lower levels by use of the java script built-in the .pdf file.

I see this player character e-sheets as a real paradigm shift in the D&D circles that others will follow the example of MorePurpleMoreBetter after contributions rasing the bar again in the setting much like the Auto-calculation fillable form created by MadBeard v.1.14 April 2015 has changed the whole set player character e-sheets after introducing that pdf in the D&D setting.

the only thing that MadBeard v.1.14 April 2015 can really to add to MorePurpleMoreBetter is the item subsection summed locations at sorting weights at; donned on body, stored in back pack, stored in the belt pouched, and store on a Horse in the saddlebags as also specifying the weight limits of the ;back pack, belt pouched, and saddlebags.

but this is an easy to generic fix as to avoid copycat edition using opaque named sections as he just increase number of listed subsections with a result filter checker field that already are mostly there within the character sheet to begin with now.

PS; "I have adobe Aerobic Reader DC"

Astromath

First Post
What I do is put spell slots in the 'limited features' section of my sheet. Not super great for Wizards and Clerics since they memorize spells, but it works well with Eldritch Knight and Sorcerers.

That would be great with one exception. What if you don't have a PHB to know what slots you have? The one I have I had to send back to WotC because of the binding coming unglued.

neoldobyss

First Post
GNO-Gaming spell card temples example for 5th edition

Many people may not have Microsoft office option and as in the old 4th edition fill-able pdf days there was another the paradigm strong player character sheet including the allot of cannon and user defined spell card like sheet titled "Gno gaming/ CharacterSheet4thEdv..."

You type all the data and here is pdf templed model of sheet of spell-cards many only needed to translated into a pdf-java format ans as the old style one had hand type all the data themselves into data fields

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases