D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

morepurplemorebetter you made a great great great great work with this sheet, my 2 cents on version 9.9.9 :

- I think I found a little bug with weight of coins: PHB says 50 gp = 2kg ( with metric systems). My carried weight is 92 kg, I upgraded my coins from 25 gp to 50 gp and my weight raised to 92,3 kg instead of 93 kg ... can you check if all is ok or tell me where I'm wrong ?.

My little hint:
- When you set to 0 the multiplier of weight carried, instead of disabling all weight platform ... why don't set just max weight as written at PHB 176 ( without Encumbrance variant ) ?

Thanks so much

Pietro

PS: In next days I will be very very happy to buy a beer for you ;)
Nice to hear you like the sheet!

As for your 2 cents:

Cent 1: you are mixing up your imperial-metric conversions. The PHB (page 143) says 50 coins weigh 1 lb, so that would be 0,45 kg. For easier conversion and prettier numbers, I made the sheet convert everything as 1 lb = 0,5 kg. So your added 25 coins adds 0,5 lb or 0,25 kg, that's why it went from 92 to 92,3 kg (it rounds the number because 92,25 wouldn't fit in the field).

Cent 2: if people want to use the non-variant encumbrance rules they can simply look at the max weight of the heavily encumbered, because that is 15 x Str. If setting the multiplier to 0 would result in the non-variant rule, how than could the multiplier of Goliaths and Bear Totem Barbarians be applied, or give people the option to add a multiplier? The reason making the multiplier 0 makes all the fields empty is so that people can use their homebrew encumbrance rules.

the_redbeard

Explorer
I'm only using the spell generator but it is AWESOME. None of the two players in my 2nd group have Players Handbooks of their own, so filling this in for them is a HUGE time saver at the table.

Also, for my own character in my friend's campaign (a Sorcerer/Warlock with Tome of Ancient Secrets... defined the Tome as a 3rd class to list all my rituals) I really appreciate the check boxes, nice improvement.

So now for my questions:
1. Can other class abilities (like the Warlock Archfey Pact Fey Presence) be listed in a similar fashion?
2. For the spell slots (and their check boxes, really love that, had to say it twice) can there be a way to distinguish between those that are refreshed in a long or short rest? Like ovals for the long rest, boxes for the short? Similarly for check boxes for the class abilities.
3. Can sorcery points (with ... you guessed it, check boxes) be added?

And now for the real shocker:
I'm willing to do data entry to make these happen. I have a modicum level of excel formula capability, the ability to type and some free time (well, after the game this Friday.) If you can send me an excel worksheet with a template, I can get busy.

pi3tr0

Villager
Nice to hear you like the sheet!

As for your 2 cents:

Cent 1: you are mixing up your imperial-metric conversions. The PHB (page 143) says 50 coins weigh 1 lb, so that would be 0,45 kg. For easier conversion and prettier numbers, I made the sheet convert everything as 1 lb = 0,5 kg. So your added 25 coins adds 0,5 lb or 0,25 kg, that's why it went from 92 to 92,3 kg (it rounds the number because 92,25 wouldn't fit in the field).

What a mess ... I'm so sorry ... I made a big big conversion's error XD ... thanks for having it explained ;)

Fabyo

Villager
Great work as usual MPMB !! :D

About the Spell Generator, I found that creating a spell list for a level 1 Wizard doesn't let me choose 6 first level spells, but print me the full 1st level spell list.
The excel file was clean, I mean no other spell book created before :/

I'm only using the spell generator but it is AWESOME. None of the two players in my 2nd group have Players Handbooks of their own, so filling this in for them is a HUGE time saver at the table.

Also, for my own character in my friend's campaign (a Sorcerer/Warlock with Tome of Ancient Secrets... defined the Tome as a 3rd class to list all my rituals) I really appreciate the check boxes, nice improvement.

So now for my questions:
1. Can other class abilities (like the Warlock Archfey Pact Fey Presence) be listed in a similar fashion?
2. For the spell slots (and their check boxes, really love that, had to say it twice) can there be a way to distinguish between those that are refreshed in a long or short rest? Like ovals for the long rest, boxes for the short? Similarly for check boxes for the class abilities.
3. Can sorcery points (with ... you guessed it, check boxes) be added?

And now for the real shocker:
I'm willing to do data entry to make these happen. I have a modicum level of excel formula capability, the ability to type and some free time (well, after the game this Friday.) If you can send me an excel worksheet with a template, I can get busy.
Awesome to read that my work is helping your games so much!

As for your suggestions, I am not planning on adding any class abilities other than spells to the spell sheet generator. My character sheet covers all other class abilities, so adding them to the spell sheet wouldn't add anything for people that use both. And using both is the recommended way for going about my sheets. Also, I think that if you are going to add any class-specific limited resource to the spell sheet, it should be done for all the classes, not just some. The sorcery points I can relate to, they are almost exclusively used in conjunction with spells, but other abilities, like the Archfey Fey Presence, would seem somewhat misplaced on a spell sheet in my opinion. Another problem is the sheer amount of checkboxes. Sorcery points go up to 20, which would require a lot of space that currently is not available on the sheet. Adding the features you request would require a big revamp of the sheet.

However, if you are interested and up to the challenge of adding the material for all the classes, I am happy to supply you with an unprotected version of the sheet for you to work with. The only thing I ask is not to publish an unfinished (i.e. incomplete) version without discussing it with me. :)

Having different checkboxes for those spells that are refreshed on a long and short rest might be an interesting addition. Too bad that this is only useful for multiclassing Warlocks, as it will require a lot of revamping of the sheet. But I'll have a look into it when I find the time.

What a mess ... I'm so sorry ... I made a big big conversion's error XD ... thanks for having it explained ;)
No problem, swapping numbers around happens to the best of us!

Great work as usual MPMB !! :D

About the Spell Generator, I found that creating a spell list for a level 1 Wizard doesn't let me choose 6 first level spells, but print me the full 1st level spell list.
The excel file was clean, I mean no other spell book created before :/
Thank you!

Because the amount of spells a Wizard can have in his/her spellbook, there is no way of having you select the spells on the input tab. That would require just as much space as the amount of spells on the Wizard list, and that is not very practical. Instead, the sheet offers you the option to manually check/uncheck the spells on your final sheet. This can be done in the "Spell Sheet" tab, after you press the orange button "I want to edit which spells are on the Spell Sheet (Spellbook)" in the dialog. Read the instructions in the dialog carefully and it should explain further. Good luck!

Paul3

Explorer
Class Features

FYI...the class features don't seem to be loading for me. Don't know if it is on my end or your end, but I have not had issues in the past.

FYI...the class features don't seem to be loading for me. Don't know if it is on my end or your end, but I have not had issues in the past.
Hi Paul3, I will need a little more info than this to troubleshoot your problem. Have you looked on the download page and read this: "When posting about an error, please don't forget to include the version of the sheet and the software you are using. Thank you"

Could you please tell me exactly what you are doing when the problem occurs? So what software, what sheet, what operating system and anything else you think might be applicable.

Paul3

Explorer
Reloaded it and seems to work ok. Don't know what the issue was but looks like it was on my end. Thanks for the quick response.

This is a test for a working direct link to the full zip download. The button is still broken on the download page.

EDIT: Yay! It works. Purple, maybe you may want to put it in your OP?
Thank you! I tried to do the same thing, but whenever I made that link (with the exact same URL) I would always get an "your account doesn't have permission" warning. It does work when I log out of enworld, however. And it works if I'm not on the download page itself. So a bit strange.

Remove ads