D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Clancey

First Post
If you are having trouble with your Adobe Acrobat Reader installation, I would recommend uninstalling it before trying to install the latest version. Adobe doesn't provide an uninstaller for Reader for Mac, so you should just drag it out of your Applications folder into the trash and then install the one version that you want to have again from a fresh download.

What do you mean with "I get a dialog whenever I load the pdf"? Do you mean just this pdf (the Character Sheet)? Or with any pdf? And it is not my welcome message that you are referring to?

Thanks, apparently that was the problem. I don't know why the Adobe site told me that I had the most recent version, but I deleted the application and went to the Adobe site and my old version was indeed old.

It only came up with this sheet, but to be honest I have been using another PDF reader that worked much better than the old Adobe reader I had, so it could very well have been a problem overall, though I suspect, since I wasn't using complex PDFs before yours, that it just couldn't handle the more complex document.

Again, thank you for your help and your fine Character sheet. I believe all will go well from this point on.

Last edited:

RaTath

First Post
I'm sorry but I'm unable to reproduce this error. You are talking about the adding up of the start+gain=total right? That the start is not being copied on log 12 from the total of log 11?

I have nothing going wrong with entry 11 to 12 on both Letter and A4 version, using both Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on a Windows 10 64 bit machine.
What is the software that you are using? Does it persists if you edit some other field and tab out of that field (like add some text in the "adventure name" field and tab to the next field)?
Do you get any error messages in the JavaScript console (CTRL+K to open the settings, go to JavaScript >> Show Console on errors).

Ok I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Using Adobe Reader DC. I'm using the letter version (I have the A4 with a different problem lol). I basically redid my character not using the import (filled in all the fields manually). Set the View to take out the companion, notes and wild shape pages. Filled in the first page of the log sheet no trouble. Saved the document. Added another log page with the java script window. The very first entry into the second page (which was just EXP) gave me this java error.

InvalidSetError: Set not possible, invalid or unknown.
Event.value:2753:Field P5.ALlog.AdvLog.5.xp.start:Calculate

Event.value:2753:Field P5.ALlog.AdvLog.5.gold.start:Calculate

Event.value:2753:Field P5.ALlog.AdvLog.5.downtime.start:Calculate

Event.value:2753:Field P5.ALlog.AdvLog.5.renown.start:Calculate

Event.value:2753:Field P5.ALlog.AdvLog.5.magicItems.start:Calculate

Continued to add entries into the fields getting the same error for every entry but everything was calculating correctly. Once I had filled out log #11 the total did not auto fill to the start of log #12.
Hope this is what you were looking for.

RaTath

Ok I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Using Adobe Reader DC. I'm using the letter version (I have the A4 with a different problem lol). I basically redid my character not using the import (filled in all the fields manually). Set the View to take out the companion, notes and wild shape pages. Filled in the first page of the log sheet no trouble. Saved the document. Added another log page with the java script window. The very first entry into the second page (which was just EXP) gave me this java error.

Event.value:2753:Field P5.ALlog.AdvLog.5.xp.start:Calculate

Event.value:2753:Field P5.ALlog.AdvLog.5.gold.start:Calculate

Event.value:2753:Field P5.ALlog.AdvLog.5.downtime.start:Calculate

Event.value:2753:Field P5.ALlog.AdvLog.5.renown.start:Calculate

Event.value:2753:Field P5.ALlog.AdvLog.5.magicItems.start:Calculate

Continued to add entries into the fields getting the same error for every entry but everything was calculating correctly. Once I had filled out log #11 the total did not auto fill to the start of log #12.
Hope this is what you were looking for.

RaTath
Thank you, that is very helpful information! The error occurs because you are hiding some other pages before generating more adventurers logsheets, something that I hadn't done in any of my tests. I think I have found the bug in my code that causes this error and will have it fixed in the next version. Posting the JavaScript error codes is what made this possible, so thank you for doing that, because most of the time they are not part of any post reporting errors

RaTath

First Post
Thank you, that is very helpful information! The error occurs because you are hiding some other pages before generating more adventurers logsheets, something that I hadn't done in any of my tests. I think I have found the bug in my code that causes this error and will have it fixed in the next version. Posting the JavaScript error codes is what made this possible, so thank you for doing that, because most of the time they are not part of any post reporting errors

No problem MPMB! I like to be helpful :)

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
The SCA proofreading is gonna' have to keep waiting for a while, but I figured that I should stop by to recommend something for the FAQ:

Code:
To save an image as a character portrait, it must be a PDF file. If you have an image file, you can download Foxit Reader, right-click the file, select "Convert to PDF in Foxit Reader" in the context menu, and save the resultant PDF file to use on this sheet.

Remove ads