D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Thank you, i found them in my spam folder as you suggested. I love them and keep creating PC & NPC like a child play with its new toy :)
Awesome Thank you
Great to read that you found the email. Have fun with the sheet!

When you enter a warhorse as a mount, it gives it a gore attack. This should be a hooves attack.
Great catch! Guess I was copy-pasting too much and the Warhorse got mistreated because it is the only one with a trampling attack not related to a gore attack :p It is fixed in the new version.

Hi there,

I haven't found the answer to this so maybe I'm blind: My Limited Features table is already filled up, is there an option to move it elsewhere to make it bigger or have the overflow go into notes or something similar? Or perhaps hide or make smaller the ability save dc and proficiency bonus area to allow more limited features space?
Hi andargor,

There is no overflow for the Limited Features section, 8 entries is all there is. I found that it is more than enough for most characters. You can always delete some of the entries that you don't need there. Obviously there are some classes with more limited features that need tracking (*ahem* monks...) than others, but I'm not sure I need to redesign the whole sheet just for those outliers. Things like hiding/moving the save dc and proficiency bonus based on amount of limited features is not something that is achieved easily.

Time is finally there for the big reveal: the new version with built-in Spell Sheet Generator!!

I present to you the new version, version 11:

MPMB's Character Record Sheet v11.0 (29-4-2016) with the following changelog:
  • Changed the name to “Character Record Sheet”, as now everything can be recorded in this one pdf
  • GRAND NEW FEATURE: Added the option to generate a SPELL SHEET!!! No longer will you need the Excel Spell Sheet Generator, it can now all be done within the pdf itself
    Use the “Spells” or “Layout” button to generate a sheet.
  • GRAND NEW FEATURE: Added the option to manually set every line of the Spell Sheet, add a spell, delete lines, add empty lines, set headers, etc. etc.
  • NEW FEATURE: Changed the Portrait and Symbol to buttons that generate a menu with options, eliminating the need for separate reset buttons. When viewed with Acrobat Reader, the menus now also include a link to an online image-to-pdf converter
  • NEW FEATURE: Added “Booming Blade” and “Green-Flame Blade” to the attack drop-down fields
  • Added information for all the spells from the PHB, EE, and SCAG
  • Added all the spellcasting information for the classes, races, and feats
  • Fixed a bug in the Adventurers Log calculation (with help from RaTath)
  • Fixed an error occurring when showing the location column on the third page and hiding that page
  • Added a choice for the Druid (Circle of the Land)’s Circle Spells
  • Fixed some typo’s in some of the entries (Dark Elf, Warhorse, Paladin)
  • Fixed how the “Flatten” function interacts with other functions
  • Changed the welcome text

There are probably a couple of bugs to work out, so please let me know everything that goes wrong with the sheet (although positive feedback isn't discouraged :p).

I love the new integrated spell sheet functionality, but there is a minor issue I've encountered. Bards, by RAW, get 22 spells known including their Magical Secrets (though not including Additional Magical Secrets). The sheet gives bards 22 spells known, and then an additional 6 (or 8 if Lore) spells known for magical secrets. Bards should essentially get 16 spells known.

Arslan

First Post
Love the new update with the spell list, so much so just added to the coffee/beer fund. I have a similar minor issue as the one listed above about Bards getting the wrong amount of spells, except its for a Paladin.

I have a 4th level Paladin with 14 Charisma. Which by RAW is 4 spells to prepare [(level / 2) + Cha mod], the sheet says 6. A small issue but thought you'd like to know.

Love the sheets, keep up the great work.

I love the new integrated spell sheet functionality, but there is a minor issue I've encountered. Bards, by RAW, get 22 spells known including their Magical Secrets (though not including Additional Magical Secrets). The sheet gives bards 22 spells known, and then an additional 6 (or 8 if Lore) spells known for magical secrets. Bards should essentially get 16 spells known.
Good catch! I thought I had tackled this issue, and I did. Unfortunately, I forgot to add this amendment to the A4 version (but the Letter version did only give the Bard 16+6 spells). I have fixed this error in the new version, 11.05

Love the new update with the spell list, so much so just added to the coffee/beer fund. I have a similar minor issue as the one listed above about Bards getting the wrong amount of spells, except its for a Paladin.

I have a 4th level Paladin with 14 Charisma. Which by RAW is 4 spells to prepare [(level / 2) + Cha mod], the sheet says 6. A small issue but thought you'd like to know.

Love the sheets, keep up the great work.
Also a good catch, something I completely forgot. The Paladin is a special case in this, as it is the only one who has to divide its level by 2. It is fixed in the new version, 11.05

Thus the new version is now available MPMB's Character Record Sheet v11.05 (30-4-2016) with the following changelog:
  • Fixed the Bard spells in the A4 version (thanks DersitePhantom for noticing)
  • Fixed the spells to prepare calculation for Paladin (thanks Arslan for noticing)
  • Added class-name recognition to the first header of the spell sheet, because it was impossible to set it to a class manually

I also have a question for you, the users of the Character Record Sheet. Would you be interested in getting a pop-up whenever you change level, asking you to update the Spell Sheet? Or would that not be a welcome addition?

Astromath

First Post
I would say yes, but only for those classes that need to like wizard. Cleric, for example, don't need to since they have access to the entire spell list for each level they are able to cast.

How about a mechanism to change spells (prayed for, memorized, etc.) after a long rest? This would be for those who do not print the sheet, but use it directly off their laptop or tablet at the gaming table.

You might also want to get together with the people from Fantasy Grounds to see if you can export the sheet into a format that can be imported into Fantasy Grounds. (I don't know how familiar you are with Fantasy Grounds, but it is something worth looking into.) I'll post something in their forums about this possibility as well.

I would say yes, but only for those classes that need to like wizard. Cleric, for example, don't need to since they have access to the entire spell list for each level they are able to cast.

How about a mechanism to change spells (prayed for, memorized, etc.) after a long rest? This would be for those who do not print the sheet, but use it directly off their laptop or tablet at the gaming table.

You might also want to get together with the people from Fantasy Grounds to see if you can export the sheet into a format that can be imported into Fantasy Grounds. (I don't know how familiar you are with Fantasy Grounds, but it is something worth looking into.) I'll post something in their forums about this possibility as well.
My idea is that the pop-up would have a "never show this again" checkbox. Having it not come up for a Paladin/Cleric/Druid is possible, but those can still use an updated Spell Sheet for the cantrips and the fact that you can also have the Spell Sheet only display the spells that you have spell slots for.

What do you mean by "a mechanism to change spells after a long rest"? Do you mean a button to uncheck all the checkboxes?

As for Fantasy Grounds, I only looked into what it takes to make my sheet fit with their export/import of Roll 20, but turns out there isn't any. I have never done anything on Fantasy Grounds and have no idea how things work over there.

Astromath

First Post
The mechanism I speak of is for memorizing/praying for spells at the end of each long rest. In other words, a way to choose spells after each long rest so that only those are shown on the sheet until the next long rest. So, at the end of a long rest, the whole spell list will reopen to choose again. I would also suggest adding a button that says, "Keep spells from last long rest?" That would allow the player to skip over choosing spells after a long rest if they plan on keeping the same spells from the last time they prayed/memorized spells.

As far as Fantasy Grounds is concerned, I posted the suggestion in their forum about importing the data from your exported format. I don't know if they will contact you or not about it. I also don't know if it is possible, or if it is possible, how much work it would take to make it possible (maybe too much). But, then again, it is only a suggestion.

Remove ads