D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

wilcoxon

Explorer
I found a few bugs in v12.97 (I haven't downloaded v12.98 yet):
  • The Companion page seems broken. Regardless of what I set the type drop-down to, the only menu item that works under "companion options" is "create ranger companion" (not either "create familiar" nor "find steed"). The others simply do nothing (no menu expands out from them). Checking some older files, it appears to be broken in v12.87 but works in v12.86.
  • I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or just a feature that hasn't been implemented yet... Many spells do not work (automatically) when entered into attacks. I tried both Dissonant Whispers and Arms of Hadar to no effect.

Last edited:

wilcoxon

Explorer
  • The Companion page seems broken. Regardless of what I set the type drop-down to, the only menu item that works under "companion options" is "create ranger companion" (not either "create familiar" nor "find steed"). The others simply do nothing (no menu expands out from them). Checking some older files, it appears to be broken in v12.87 but works in v12.86.
  • I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or just a feature that hasn't been implemented yet... Many spells do not work (automatically) when entered into attacks. I tried both Dissonant Whispers and Arms of Hadar to no effect.

Replying to myself. Never mind on the Companion page. I finally found one copy of v12.97 that worked and noticed the difference was home game vs Adv League. When playing Adv League, I remove all sources except PHB and my "+1". The problem is that I also removed Monster Manual which is required for the Companion page to work properly.

Good to see you found your answer to point 1! I have had this 'bug' report a couple of times now, so I will ad a warning to the companion and wild shape pop-up menus to remind people about their exclusion of the monster manual from the sources.

As for point 2, the sheet doesn't (and never has) included options for adding spells to the "Attacks: Weapons & Cantrips" section, which is just called "Attacks" in the Colourful version.
Spells don't really fit the bill of the attacks section, as only their two hit or DC is determined by spellcasting ability, they have a lot of side-effects not associated with damage, and their damage scaling is neither character level, nor ability score related.
Only Cantrips and weapons are intended to go in the attacks section. For the spells, please use the spell sheet.
However, you are welcome to transcribe spells for the attacks section using the JavaScript Syntax for it.

redsuede

First Post
morepurplemorebetter, I first wanted to say that I love your both the colorful and print friendly versions of your character sheet. Your sheets make putting together characters quick, easy, and efficient, while looking clean and being very approachable. I especially enjoy and appreciate that you quickly update your sheets to squash reported bugs, to add new sheet features, and to support the latest Unearthed Arcana.

Now to the meat of my post. For reference, I currently use both colorful and print-friendly v12.98. I created a Way of the Kensei Monk, and I noticed that your sheet doesn't give you a way to select your kensei weapons. I solved this by manually assigning proficiencies, ability score used, and Martial Arts damage die (if Martial Arts is larger than the default damage). I don't know how difficult this would be to add, but maybe a Choose Feature option could be added to automate all the changes needed.

I also noticed a conflict regarding the subclasses from the 2017-05-01 Revised Subclasses UA. If you include all previous sources of the subclasses along with the versions included in the RS, then in the Class Selection screen, the screen will say that the source for Arcane Archer, Kensei, etc. is UA:RS. However, once you click Apply, the sheet automation uses the older sources. If you then go back into the Class Selection screen, then the sheet reports that the source is the older material.
Both the colorful and print friendly versions do this for all five subclasses.

morepurplemorebetter, I first wanted to say that I love your both the colorful and print friendly versions of your character sheet. Your sheets make putting together characters quick, easy, and efficient, while looking clean and being very approachable. I especially enjoy and appreciate that you quickly update your sheets to squash reported bugs, to add new sheet features, and to support the latest Unearthed Arcana.

Now to the meat of my post. For reference, I currently use both colorful and print-friendly v12.98. I created a Way of the Kensei Monk, and I noticed that your sheet doesn't give you a way to select your kensei weapons. I solved this by manually assigning proficiencies, ability score used, and Martial Arts damage die (if Martial Arts is larger than the default damage). I don't know how difficult this would be to add, but maybe a Choose Feature option could be added to automate all the changes needed.

I also noticed a conflict regarding the subclasses from the 2017-05-01 Revised Subclasses UA. If you include all previous sources of the subclasses along with the versions included in the RS, then in the Class Selection screen, the screen will say that the source for Arcane Archer, Kensei, etc. is UA:RS. However, once you click Apply, the sheet automation uses the older sources. If you then go back into the Class Selection screen, then the sheet reports that the source is the older material.
Both the colorful and print friendly versions do this for all five subclasses.
Thank you for all the nice comments about my work!

The sheet doesn't have any way for asking you for weapon proficiencies, other than having you write them into the 'other' weapon proficiency field.

However, for the Kensei Monk you don't need to add these proficiencies there or manually calculate the right die your weapon can use. All you need to do is write the word 'Kensei' along any weapon you want to enter. For example, for a spear that is your Kensei Weapon, just write "Spear, Kensei" into the weapon field. It will then automatically use the right die for your level and update it when you change level.
This is done via one of the context-aware attack calculations. You can see all the context-aware attack calculations by going to one of the buttons next to the attack section. In the menu you get, where you can more the attacks around and such, you also get a menu options that reads "See what things are affecting the attack calculations". This option is only available if there are any. Clicking on it gives an explanation of what options there are. Yes, this is a bit hidden, but I couldn't really think of another unobtrusive way of putting it on the sheet.

Thank you for reporting the issue with the latest UA addition. You are correct, the sheet doesn't actually do what it advertises as I made a tiny mistake. It doesn't take the newest version of any subclass, it takes the first one it finds (which, ironically, is always the oldest version). I will fix this in the next version of the sheet.

To use the Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses version of the Arcane Archer (for example), just make sure you exclude the source that provided the other version of Arcane Archer (2016/12/05 Unearthed Arcana: Fighter Martial Archetypes [UA:FMA]).

Athinar

Explorer
Portable Hole, Bag Holding, Quiver of Ehlonna, how to handle the weight in the equipment tables?
I see the backpack you use the "Backpack, with:" but the equipment in the pack is added to the weight carried, how to add items to the extradimensional space items without adding carry weight, I have been away for some time

I see no coding in the PDF for "Portable Hole with:" or something like that

so I did this "Portable Hole with: Backpack with:" and put the weight to 0 for each item (backpack is in the portable hole with the character's targets "assassin's targets"

maybe something for the future equipment list - Portable Hole, Bag Holding, Quiver of Ehlonna, etc...

Last edited:

Astromath

First Post
MPMB has already said that he won't be doing an android/iphone version of his sheet in a previous post. The limited JavaScript would cause him to completely rework a several items, and the spell sheets would, indeed, be impossible to do.

MPMB, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Portable Hole, Bag Holding, Quiver of Ehlonna, how to handle the weight in the equipment tables?
I see the backpack you use the "Backpack, with:" but the equipment in the pack is added to the weight carried, how to add items to the extradimensional space items without adding carry weight, I have been away for some time

I see no coding in the PDF for "Portable Hole with:" or something like that

so I did this "Portable Hole with: Backpack with:" and put the weight to 0 for each item (backpack is in the portable hole with the character's targets "assassin's targets"

maybe something for the future equipment list - Portable Hole, Bag Holding, Quiver of Ehlonna, etc...
You can exclude a column of the equipment table from counting towards the total weight carried. You can do this with the "Weight" button/bookmark.

In the future, I could make a feature to exclude everything that is 'in' one of extradimensional magic items. However, something like that would still have limited usability, but enough if you don't want to exclude a whole column. It would than work that every item that starts with a "- " and is listed directly below one of these extradimensional magic items would not be counted towards the total. If I ever get around to making a dedicated equipment/loot page, I'll be sure to have a section that can be set to 'extradimensional' space. Until then, you will have to use the Weight button :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases