D&D General MtG Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Spoiler Thread

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus

Apparently folks are finding cards from Modern Horizons 2 in Adventures in the Forgotten Realms packs.
These oddities happen a fair amount. I watched a bet box at the first pro tour Los Angeles get opened and drafted. Every rare was an alpha rare. I also opened a box of revised where the rare spot was a land in every pack, but all 3 uncommon spots were rare cards.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
These oddities happen a fair amount. I watched a bet box at the first pro tour Los Angeles get opened and drafted. Every rare was an alpha rare. I also opened a box of revised where the rare spot was a land in every pack, but all 3 uncommon spots were rare cards.
Production has been odd this year. For example, with the last release, they sent Commander cases of the same deck instead of them in different colors. (I've just seen a post by somebody who pulled a card from a future release on a Commander deck!)

And to elaborate in the oddness, this time I opened two boxes and a bundle: I got 3+ of almost every common, but Devour Intellect (Which is a common too!). I got basically two playsets of the Wizard class, but not a single Warlock class card (which is the same rarity). (At least I got an Intellect Devour from the pre-release kit. It just happens to be in Spanish which clashes with the rest)

I had some fun pulls.

• Minsc, which means I can make a Boo deck.
  • not one, but two Tarrasques, and one is superspecial because it is a foil showcase.
  • Two Drizzts.
  • Icyngdeath and a Gold Dragon
  • A book of Exalted deeds.
  • Tons of showcase cards, sometimes two in the same pack..
  • A Lolth, and she is foil!

I also got some cards from the List which is also a nice thing. Now, I don't know how to proceed. I'm missing some uncommons and rares I would like to have -and only have 9 out of the twenty mythics- plus I loved the art series -specially the ones that double as game aids for D&D-. But I'm not sure if I should get another set box or just hunt for the singles. (Hunting for the singles has the additional difficulty in that I'm not in the States, so TCG Player and the like is impractical, and buying from Ebay implies an extra $10 per transaction -that or risk it very likely getting lost in the way-. I'm limited to what I can find in my LGS, the fan centers in the City -which aren't all open and aren't practical or safe to visit because of the crowded public transport- and to what little I could find in our local equivalent Ebay which is not much. Facebook market is an option, but a gamble everytime)

AFR JUST released in stores, like seriously just released yesterday, and already a new huge unexpected set is coming out on Arena, Jumpstart: Historic Horizons. A pile of Modern Horizons 1 & 2 & 31 new Arena cards are hitting Arena. Like how is anyone supposed to keep up with this?

Parmandur

Book-Friend

AFR JUST released in stores, like seriously just released yesterday, and already a new huge unexpected set is coming out on Arena, Jumpstart: Historic Horizons. A pile of Modern Horizons 1 & 2 & 31 new Arena cards are hitting Arena. Like how is anyone supposed to keep up with this?
They've been doing this for years. They actually don't expect many people to keep up: the target is to scattershot bait for casual purchases.

Jumpstart is a very, very fun way to play, glad to see they are doing more of it.

So I finally got my AFR Gift Bundle

The most valueable stuff I got is Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Asmodeus extended Art Foil, regular Asmodeus, Hyrda Classic Module Land, Ranger class, Paladin Class, Alt Art Xorn, Foil Treasure Chest, Foil Beholder Hive, Deck of Many Things, the 3 Oversized Dungeons. No major dragons is disappointing. I got a foil Shessra, not valueable, but I like the art and Bruenor Battlehammer.

MoonSong

So I finally got my AFR Gift Bundle

The most valueable stuff I got is Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Asmodeus extended Art Foil, regular Asmodeus, Hyrda Classic Module Land, Ranger class, Paladin Class, Alt Art Xorn, Foil Treasure Chest, Foil Beholder Hive, Deck of Many Things, the 3 Oversized Dungeons. No major dragons is disappointing. I got a foil Shessra, not valueable, but I like the art and Bruenor Battlehammer.
In the end I got one gift bundle too. Turn's out my FLGS actually got some allocated to them. Final result:
Two sets of commons (three if we allow for Spanish cards) One full set of uncommons (Including two full sets of the circle of chromatic dragons, and a full cycle of uncommon characters -two with Spanish cards-). 54 rares, and half the mythics.

Highlights: Lolth (foil), Mordenkainen (extended art), Mincs (in both normal and showcase), The Tarrasque -in foil showcase-, two books of Exhalted deeds, the full cycle of rare lands, two of Icyngdeaths, two Iymrith, two telportation circles (one extended art), One Ebondeath, One xanathar, and at least one of each rare legendary, including two copies of our favorite Ranger ever. Oh and an Extended art Tiamat.

I'm thinking of using some of the surplus cards (and sacrifice the third set of commons) to make a pesant cube and put it for sale. Tiamat is also very tempting to sell. But I don't know.

Bolares

Hero
Two sets of commons (three if we allow for Spanish cards) One full set of uncommons (Including two full sets of the circle of chromatic dragons, and a full cycle of uncommon characters -two with Spanish cards-). 54 rares, and half the mythics.
that's beautiful. I really want to make and AFR cube, but the costs are really prohibitive

MoonSong

that's beautiful. I really want to make and AFR cube, but the costs are really prohibitive
I would love to help, as I said I was planing to sell about a third of the cards as a cube. But the postage to you would be insane. It is already high inside my country, shipping to Brazil... do you have Mercado Libre in Brazil?

Remove ads