Multiclassing Problems

Andor

First Post
I noticed two odd problems with multi-classing.

1. You can't learn cantrips multi-classing as a Wizard since they are a class feature and not a spell. *forehead*

2. If you Multiclass as a Ranger you can't get into the Ranger Paragon paths. They all require either the Two-weapon fighting or Archery path class features and the feat doesn't grant those. This problem is unique to the Ranger, all other multi-class feats grant access to the Paragon Paths, even Warlock which also has path selections limited by pact. This seems like an oversight, but it's a boneheaded one if so, since they took the problem into account for the Warlock.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I think the ranger one will be fixed with errata to match the warlock one.

Problem with the warlock paragon paths is they all loose out on something without the warlock's curse class feature (the infernal one looses out on the most, the other two are proably passable). Every other class has paragon paths that can be useful to some other classes.

Byronic

First Post
Personally I'd just allow them to take an additional feat for the cantrips.
It's not combat breaking. And if people complain that one person gets to do too much I'll just point out that they can take the wizard multiclass themselves.

Stogoe

First Post
Byronic said:
It's not combat breaking. And if people complain that one person gets to do too much I'll just point out that they can take the wizard multiclass themselves.

This is a terrible way of looking at things. "Oh, if you wanted freebies from the DM you should have known to pick his favorite class". Sheesh.

Remove ads