D&D 5E Mumbling Kobold

TrueBagelMan

Explorer
So I have thought of something. Let’s say a kobold had a familiar. Can he have the light spell and have the familiar cast light on his weapons and arrows for him all the time to flavor it as his god/goddess is blessing his arrows? Also RAW Light doesn’t activate sunlight sensitivity.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
How is the familiar getting repeated Light spells to stick on the arrows while the kobold is busy firing them? I'm not sure how this is supposed to be working.

The idea is cool, now to translate from 'in your head' to 'in the game'.

TrueBagelMan

Explorer
How is the familiar getting repeated Light spells to stick on the arrows while the kobold is busy firing them? I'm not sure how this is supposed to be working.

The idea is cool, now to translate from 'in your head' to 'in the game'.
Before the Fight. While you walk around you mumble prayers and cast light through your familiar.

Omand

Hero
I don't have my books in front of me at the moment, but if I recall correctly (and I may be off), the light cantrip has a limit on the number of times it can be active. As in, once you cast it X number of times, then on X+1 the oldest of previous castings ends. The part I forget is if X = 1 or X = 3. So by RAW your idea would not seem to work beyond a certain point.

I would also question why you would want to do this if you were having combat in any place with some darkness./shadows/cover, as it would light up where your Kobold was and make him a target for the enemy.

Cheers

aco175

Legend
I guess if the familiar can cast a spell each turn. I would imagine that he could be doing something better with his action, like aid or something.

Remove ads