• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Murder is the Pits

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri 7/7, AC: 15

Kahuna Burger said:
um, you're the grey circle.... I put it in h13.
Oops,for some reason thought I was the purple/pinkish one.

Vanitri draws his rapier and readies himself in case one of the centipedes comes near him. He will dodge the first one that comes near him (+1 AC) (+3,1d6+2, 18-20/x2)

ajanders

Explorer
Checking in

I think Michael is planned out pretty well to, continuing to loop about and flank the centipede with the Mountain.
He does flick one worried glance at Tiny, however.
Stick with the plan, or everyone going's to get lost.

Patlin

Explorer
On further examination of the new map, there is no longer an obstacle between Ironwolf and the Centipede. He can therefore charge rather than double move, and does so, roaring his battlecry.

"Mind and Body as One!"

Putting all his energy into the attack, Ironwolf smashes the centipede (d20+8=19) for 12 damage.

[That doesn't include the bardic music bonus, which would up it to 13 damage.)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Ironwolf charges forward and lands a mighty blow on the centipede, but it remains up. The twins swing from either side, both missing this time, but the nearer one stumbles into Ironwolf, and in the tangle, the young warrior ends up on the ground. (Ironwolf is prone.) Seeing his danger, Rosalynn shoots at the centipede, hoping to take it down before it can take advantage of Ironwolf's compromised state, but though she hits, the monster remains up, and takes a bite out of Ironwolf, though it isn't too bad. (Ironwolf takes 4 hp but makes his save against the poison).

Meanwhile, Tiny swings twice at the dazed beast he faces and lands one hit, and the mountain swings wildly but misses even with Micheal's distraction (Micheal goes here, I need his enlarged attack, damage and AC). One of Tiny's centipedes shakes off its confusion and attacks him but misses entirely. The other one moves towards Vanitri, but it misses, as does his readied blow. However it's movement away does give Tiny the opertunity to strike at it, hitting.

The Mountain's sparring partner lunges at him but misses badly as well.

Ironwolf: [sblock]Things were happening fast, but you believe that the other gladiator tripped you on purpose. You don't think the others, or the crowd for that matter, realized that though.[/sblock]

Attachments

• beast match 3.JPG
    beast match 3.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 67

ajanders

Explorer
Ooops

Large Michael
Base Armor Shld Dex Size Nat Misc Total
Armor: 10 +7 +0 +0 -1 +0 +0 16
Touch: 10 Flatfooted: 16

Base Mod Misc Total
Fort: 2 +1 +3
Ref: 0 -1 -1
Will: 2 +3 +5

Weapon Attack Damage Critical
Warhammer +2 (+2 flanking, +2 charging? +1 Bardsong?) 2d6+4 (+1 Bardsong?) 20 *3
(size penalty of -1 balanced by strength bonus of +1, wielded 2-handed for the *1.5 damage bonus)
(Warhammer is now Large)

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri 7/7, AC: 15 (16 vs the Centipede he's facing)

Vanitri (In M15 according the map if I am reading it right) moves around to L17 (though M16) and strikes at a vital spot on the centipede. (Rapier MW +3, +2 Flanking / 1d6+2,1d6 sneak attack / 18-20x2)

Vanitri calls out to Michael "Help me flank this thing," and takes a step to to J11. He strikes at a vital spot on the centipede. (Rapier MW +3, +2 Flanking / 1d6+2,1d6 sneak attack / 18-20x2). He carefully tries to dodge the centipede he's engaged with.

OOC: I believe Michael can help me get a flank from L14 given his size, if I don't get it, just ignore the extra flanking modifiers.

Edit: Fixed due to correct location, I thought I was grey, not Olive, no biggie :)

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Bront said:
Vanitri (In M15 according the map if I am reading it right) moves around to L17 (though M16) and strikes at a vital spot on the centipede. (Rapier MW +3, +2 Flanking / 1d6+2,1d6 sneak attack / 18-20x2)
actually that's Large Micheal. Vanitri is in I12. these battle maps lose a little in the translation....

Bront

The man with the probe
Kahuna Burger said:
actually that's Large Micheal. Vanitri is in I12. these battle maps lose a little in the translation....
No problem, updated my post accordingly :) Jennilee took a job that has her working 7 8 hour days a week, so she might be hard felt to post regularly, if we're waiting for her, you can probably NPC her for the battle.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: C'mon, guys! I'm on my back stabbing up into the soft underbelly of a giant poisonous centipede! Tell me if I killed the darn thing allready, I can't stand the suspense!

:D

Remove ads