Murder is the Pits

Patlin

Explorer
Jennileerose said:
(OOC: I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.)

ooc: Of course, to be fair, understanding men is probably equally complicated. But for personal preference, women are more fun to waste the energy on. :)

Jennileerose

First Post
ajanders said:
He looks at Rosalynn for a long moment.
"That made it kind of obvious what I had to do."
Michael blushes a little and coughs.
"And I started to do it."
He catches her hand in both of his own.
"But there was a price to pay, and there is a price to pay, and there always will
be a price to pay."
He takes a deep breath and squeezes her hand tightly.
"I have left my home, my friends, and my family."
He squeezes the hand more tightly, driving her nails into his palm.
"I have left the graves of my kin, the home of my birth, the way of my life."
Rosalynn's hand is going white, bloodless, and numb.
"My master said it true: One watches things that make one sick."
Michael locks flinty eyes with Rosalynn and squeezes harder, until a thread of
pain seeps through the numbness.
"This is the Law: no gain without a loss, and!"
Suddenly the pressure is gone, and Michael looks ashamed as he releases her hand.
"Well, that's the law, anyway, and the truth."
He holds his hands up softly: where he was squeezing her nails into his palms
should be blood and strips of flesh, but the calluses are so thick there is not
even a dimple to mark them.
Michael quietly wipes a trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth.
"If you ask seriously, I think you will be granted. But I do not know."
He wipes away the trickle again.
"And if you are granted, your life will never be the same again. Be very sure you
are ready."
He wipes away the trickle again and this time holds a hankerchief against his jaw.
"Think for a night and a day before we speak of this again. If you still wish to
ask, we will go back to the Big Sky country and the town of Black Rock, where my
master Hanno dwells.
There you may ask, and if you are granted, you will have a better teacher than I."
Michael stands slowly, and offers Rosalynn his hand to go, not able to meet her
eyes.
After a moment, he hesitantly crooks his arm instead, as if taking her into a
dance.
" I will walk you back to the carriage, if you like."

(OOC: Dude....chills...wow. Okay.)

Rosalynn listens to all he says....and is somewhat stunned. She rubs her hand slightly with her other hand and feels for the stone in her pocket before taking Michael's arm.

"Just....one more question...please.....Do you think.....Do you think that Sela would accept me? Being the wanderer that I am?" She asks quietly.

ajanders

Explorer
OOC Mechanical Post

Sela is a lawful neutral deity.
Rosalynn is a chaotic neutral character.
Very briefly, Sela is all about Order, while Ros is all about Freedom.
By the rules as written (RAW) Rosalynn cannot be a cleric of Sela without changing her alignment to be within one step of Sela's: Lawful Good (like Michael), Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil (not recommended) or true Neutral.
Also worth note is that again, by the rules as written, bards cannot be a lawful alignment.
Having said all that, your alignment is only a vaguely mechanical guide to your personality. More important would be looking at http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=1415744#post1415744
to see if the true version of Sela appeals.

Jennileerose

First Post
ajanders said:
Sela is a lawful neutral deity.
Rosalynn is a chaotic neutral character.
Very briefly, Sela is all about Order, while Ros is all about Freedom.
By the rules as written (RAW) Rosalynn cannot be a cleric of Sela without changing her alignment to be within one step of Sela's: Lawful Good (like Michael), Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil (not recommended) or true Neutral.
Also worth note is that again, by the rules as written, bards cannot be a lawful alignment.
Having said all that, your alignment is only a vaguely mechanical guide to your personality. More important would be looking at http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=1415744#post1415744
to see if the true version of Sela appeals.

(okay see, I knew this. This is the point where Micheal is supposed to kind of steer Rosalynn into seeking guidance through Mongrel. ^_^)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: FYI, you can always worship a god even if you aren't of the appropriate allignment, it's just rare. You can't however be a cleric.

ajanders

Explorer
Jennileerose said:
(OOC: Dude....chills...wow. Okay.)
(OOC)Yeah, it was supposed to sound Serious and Important. And people think clerics are all about the best buffs plus the second best combat skills. :)

Jennileerose said:
Rosalynn listens to all he says....and is somewhat stunned. She rubs her hand slightly with her other hand and feels for the stone in her pocket before taking Michael's arm.
"Just....one more question...please.....Do you think.....Do you think that Sela would accept me? Being the wanderer that I am?" She asks quietly.

Michael shrugs.
"I cannot say."
He gently helps Rosalynn into the carriage, then tosses their packs in the boot and leaves a slip of paper for Petra.
"But I think it's more about what you will do than what you have done."
(OOC...see you in the inn!)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I think true neutral would also be prohibited for a cleric of a LN diety. The language to that effect is a bit obscure, but that's what I think it means.

Bront

The man with the probe
Patlin said:
ooc: I think true neutral would also be prohibited for a cleric of a LN diety. The language to that effect is a bit obscure, but that's what I think it means.
Actualy, it's quite specific.
SRD said:
Alignment
A cleric’s alignment must be within one step of his deity’s (that is, it may be one step away on either the lawful-chaotic axis or the good-evil axis, but not both). A cleric may not be neutral unless his deity’s alignment is also neutral.

Remove ads