Musical instruments

Harmon

First Post
Started playing the harmonica a few weeks ago thinking that I might become good by the time my daughter was old enough to want to learn to play some kind of instrument. Discovered quite by accident that while she is fussing or crying that my horrible run out of the room playing helps to calm her. Otherwise I have no musical ability. :)

jinx crossbow

First Post
delericho said:
I play the bagpipes, and have done for 22 years now.
Great, they are my favorite. But I am totally nonmusical. Tryed several times to
learn to play guitar but my hand always forgett anything.

But I'm good in playing the CD and mp3 player ;)

Jinx

Lars Wodensson

First Post
When I was in High School, back in the 80's, I took up Harmonica and later, electric guitar.
I was really good at Blues Harmonica, and played with a few people but never really made it into a lasting formal band. I did get to play on stage once with an 80's cover band called Renegade at a bar in Grand Isle Louisiana, because they were friends with a couple of friends I was visiting. I was pretty drunk at the time so I don't know if i was any good or not. ;)
I never really got very good at guitar, though I loved playing. I have really short fingers, and it makes the chords and the reaches on the scales pretty hard. Plus I guess I don't have great hand dexterity really. It didn't help that I wanted to learn all the hard songs with all the complex chord changes and classical inspired solos.
I have at various times also played keyboard (though again, the finger problem) and Irish tin whistle, bamboo recorder flute, and chinese meditation flute. Played around with drums a little, but I never had the room to build a proper set, so i gave it up.
I used to write song lyrics, and found that to be fun but frustrating at times.
I have always thought it would be cool to write some songs with Celtic Harp as a backing instument. I have a few lyrics in mind for just such a project, mostly about the Norse Gods, and also about variuos sword & sorcery characters from fantasy fiction stories.

Later,
Lars

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I just gave my dad a lesson on music and playing the guitar (eventhough I don't play guitar). :D It's never too learn to try, right?

Remove ads