must-read for any sports fan

GlassJaw

Hero
Anybody who considers themselves a sports fan* owes it to his or herself to read Bill Simmons on Page 2 of ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

Not only is he probably one of the best sports writers around right now, he's a great writer period, and absolutely hilarious.

His podcast is quite good as well. During football season, he breaks down the odds for each game. Even if you aren't a gambler, it's great insight into the matchups each week.

*As much I highly recommend his column to anyone, he does have a tendency to write more about the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics since he is originally from Mass. His writing isn't limited to that though.

Agamon

Adventurer
GlassJaw said:
*As much I highly recommend his column to anyone, he does have a tendency to write more about the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics since he is originally from Mass. His writing isn't limited to that though.

Omigod, I hate him already. Unless he makes fun of the aformentioned teams...? The six teams I love to hate are the Leafs, the Yankees and then followed very closely by the Bruins, Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics.

I like Jim Rome, he's funny and non-biased (well, he does have an anti-soccer bias, I guess).

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Agamon said:
I like Jim Rome, he's funny and non-biased (well, he does have an anti-soccer bias, I guess).
What, is it too tough a sport for him? ;)

GlassJaw

Hero
Agamon said:

You can't talk about Bill Simmons and Jim Rome in the same breath. Rome is hack compared to BS.

Remove ads