[Mutant Future] Welcome to Slimy Lake!

Alvordian

First Post
As the group studies the area, the door at the other end of the room opens. Standing in the portal is a tall figure, green, with a bulbous brain, round insect-like eyes and arms and feet that end in pincers. (see pic below)

Too tall for the doorway, the creature crouches a bit to enter. It sees you and hisses slightly. Raising its long arms, it slowly begins to enter to room.

It is the party's turn.

MOOTANT4.jpg

Oni

First Post
While Clyde was pondering if anything that crawled out of an egg bigger than his head should automatically be classified as small and harmless, the door opened revealing a threatening newcomer, or at least an ugly one.

Clyde was startled, but held his ground.

Hey, whoa there, we ain't done nothing yet. You understand me?

hero4hire

Explorer
Quick on the Draw; Slade levels his crossbow at the Creature. "No funny biz-ness Mister! If that Big Brain so much as throbs in my dee-rection I'll put a shaft right through yer eye!"

OCC: errr...Ready an attack?

Shayuri

First Post
Alecto holds her hands out in a placating gesture. The fact that it also positioned them to spew lightning was a fact she trusted the others not to speak of. "We're not going to hurt your eggs," she assured the creature. "We're explorers, capable of defending ourselves but not aggressive."

"My name is Alecto."

Alvordian

First Post
The large creature hesitates upon hearing you speak. It enters the door, and stands upright, slowly moving its head back and forth. For a few long moments, it doesn't move and stares straight ahead.

Then, lowering its arms to its side, the creature stands to the right side of the door and slowly motions to it.

Beyond the door, you see a corridor runs from left to right. And opposite the door the creature entered, you spy another door.

Vertexx69

First Post
Deathvine peeks out from behind its new best friend, the heating crystal, to look at the strange mutant egg-layer. Of course there is no expression of surprise as the plant has no face, but it casts an eye back toward the opening and the sunlight as the mutant indicates the way further into the cave. "Well what do you think folk? Is it inviting us to dinner or to be dinner?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Grub's eyes widen with delight. "Oooh! Dinner is good, yup! Let's go!" He carefully makes his way around the eggs and grins at the clawed creature. He shuffles through the door and peers around.

Shayuri

First Post
Alecto sighed. You had to watch your tongue around Grub. Even so, it was nice to have the decision made, even if she preferred to use reason and logic in doing so.

She quickly stepped after Grub through the door, and looked back at the others.

"Not much explorers if we don't explore, right?" Alecto pointed out with a wry smile. "Besides, it's rude to refuse an invitation."

Vertexx69

First Post
Deathvine is the last one through the door, loath to leave the ooey gooey goodness of the heat and light coming from the crystal. As she steps closer toward the creature, the plant seems to grow in height to nearly match their mutant host. It bows slightly at the alien hedge-clipper as it passes through the door. "Quite a brood you're raising there. I absolutely love that heating crystal. I would love to find a smaller one of those to take on the road."

Remove ads