• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutant High Issue 1: The house that Xavier Built

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"Alright, I could see where he's at but I'll take me a second... I'm going to turn to my ghost first.." Miranda allowed her body revert to it's ghost form, causing her to momentarily vanished from sight before she forced it to become partially visible. The then smiled and tried to clear her mind as she tried to focus on how Cyclops's 'life force' felt. Unfortunately, before she was able to lock onto his person, her concentration was broken by the sound of the squealing speaker.

"Oh hell, no..." Miranda sighed. "That definitely isn't a good sign; I mean thats doesn't sound like its coming from the outside..." Miranda floated upwards then glanced towards the Pyro and Astrid while wondering how long it would take for her to fly back to her room, change into her 'costume,' and then return. "I'll be back... I guess I'll see you here, or somewhere between here and where ever that alarm is coming from... Don't worry, I won't take long!"

Move Action: Fly to Room (1/2 move)
Free Action: Quick change into Costume (Quick Change 1).
Move Action: Fly Back (1/2 move via Move-by Action).

When Miranda returns she is wearing what appears to be a long light-gray and white skirt, thigh-high boots, gloves and a bodice. The outfit was obviously designed to accentuate Miranda's body's youthful curves, and obviously was not obtained through the school. Miranda grinned shamelessly as she willfully brought herself into the proverbial spotlight. "Ready?"

OOC: Think Emma Frost's full blown corset outfit, but with a long skirt.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
(Ah good. I wasn't totally sure if the scene with Miranda and Pyro in the control had been reconned, since the opening post for the reboot mentioned them arriving into a more completely trashed area. Nice to clear that up.)

Jemal said:
[cafeteria]

"Wow, that's like so insightful.. What's your mutation, a super tactical brain? You sound like totally military!" Kitty grinned at her. "So, you think there was a second cyborg? Or maybe a mutant or something?"

Okay, most people aren't really trained to think that like, don't be harsh. Temper tries to be encouraging: "No, it's nothing like that. Don't sell your own abilities short. You just need to look at situations a bit differently."

"I don't know. I'm not really familiar with other mutants, their powers, and really cutting edge science. That pass-through-objects power that Miranda and Julie use would be useful for getting into the basement area while people were fighting above." ( :) )

She stands up. "After I grab some seconds, we should head out front and then into the danger room to look over the battlegrounds and hopefully learn more" she says enthusiastically. Temper starts heading back towards the building, pocketing a knife along the way.

----------------------------------

Since I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post tommorrow:

Without interruption (which is going to happen), Temper would investigate the battle sites (not learning anything, because Alchemist fixed them), borrow a chemistry book and/or files on noteable mutants, hike around the grounds for bit, study, and then cry before retiring.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Spike listens to the talk, not really much of a conversationalist. That all changes when the loud speaker is heard, as he pinpoints the location to near the danger room.

(OOC - Super Senses, Hearing, Extended 1, Acute 1, Accurate 2, Ulta Hearing should pull it off)

"It's coming from the Danger Room!" he calls out, knowing that the ringing was causing his voice to come out louder than normal. With but a mental reflex, he darts to the sound, hoping to get there in time to find out what's going on.

Super Speed 1, but keeps his spikes in check, as he doesn't know it's an attack...

Of course, if he can't pinpoint the sound, then so be it...

Jemal

Adventurer
[cafeteria]
Miranda flies off, changes, and returns, causing a stun effect to Pyro (and several othe males in the cafeteria), and jealous glares from a couple girls. What next, ladies? :)

[lawn]
Spike manages to pinpoint the sound to the danger room and zooms off after it. Kitty stands up, looking after him and then back at the group "Should we go after him?".. What does Everybody else do?

[danger room]
Initiative Round 1 (I'll give you win init despite his insanely high init mod, due to your intriguing use of power.)
Pietro reels from the sound, an angry look appearing on his face. Alchemist glances at his 'speaker' for a mere moment to admire his handiwork, and in the split second his gaze is gone, his opponent has dissapeared. Instinctively, his power begins to protect him by flinging pillars of the floor upwards, deflecting incoming blows that arrive too quickly for Alchemist to even see... but not deflecting them all, leaving alchemist with a few bruises "Suppose I should tell you my mutant name while you're still conscious to hear it. My dad named me... Quicksilver."
[sblock=combat rolls]
Rapid Punch vs Alchemist (1d20+14=21)
Toughness Save DC 30 (1d20+16=17)
Hmm.. nat 1. I'm gonna call that a hero point reroll:
Toughness save DC30 Hero Point Reroll (1d20+16=19) +10 for hero point = 29.
1 Bruised to alchemist.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc all] Anybody without superspeed or the ability to fly through walls arrives at end of round 5 if they're going there. Anybody WITH the aforementioned powers arrives at end of round 3. Caros, lets try to speed through the first couple rounds, k? :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

Caros

First Post
Alchemist weathered the blows as best he was able, peppered by little shards of rock as Quicksilver's attacks struck his defenses, then his body. Pain was such an unusual sensation for him, some of his confidence evaporating as he staggered back from the mutant, lifting a hand to wipe at an already swelling lip.

"Quicksilver... that would explain a lot. You're practically mutant royalty, and I've been treating you like trash." He chuckled then, wiping away the last of that blood that tinged his lips. "I suppose you want to finish this fast since I've got backup coming."

Taking one deep breath, Alchemist streached forward his right arm. A moment later the combat resumed, the floor erupting in spikes and slabs of metal, the noise of their combat nearly matching that of the speaker as he tore up the floor and threw him at the casually dodging Quicksilver.

"Oh you're good..." He muttered to himself, sweeping his hand through the air to guide the blows. "Too good. Sorry, but I can't have the others showing up without at least making an accounting of myself. I'd be the laughing stock."

He crouched then, pressing his hands into direct contact with the floor. The metal rippled once, before rising in a wave of jagged and blunt edges rushing towards Quicksilver.

[sblock=ooc]Alrighty. I probably miss ^_^; Ac 19

I then follow that up with a DC 26 reflex save, using extra effort to get a standard action to do so. Believe that works =) I am then fatigued.[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Jemal said:
[lawn]
Spike manages to pinpoint the sound to the danger room and zooms off after it. Kitty stands up, looking after him and then back at the group "Should we go after him?".. What does Everybody else do?

"I'd say yes." Eric said. "I don't suppose you can drag anyone else along with that walk through walls trick of yours?"

Jemal

Adventurer
[danger room, Round 2]
Quicksilver dissapears from the area he was in when the floor came at him , running circles around Alchemist. The speedster has to stop suddenly as the floor erupt from multiple places, spikes flying at him from all directions. Quicksilver's response is to run straight up the nearby wall, narrowly avoiding the spikes before zipping back down and clotheslining Nicolas, knocking him for a loop and sending him flying backwards a hundred feet.

[sblock=combat]
Reflex save Vs floor. (1d20+17=18)
OK.. This time you regain your Hero Point, as I'm having him reroll a nat 1.
Reflex Save Reroll vs floor (1d20+17=33)
Which unfortunately means he succeeds. Evasion Rank 2 means no toughness save needed.
Rapid Attack vs Alchemist (1d20+14=33)
DC 30 Toughness Save (1d20+16=23) Failure.. 2 bruised, and stunned condition. If you'd like to use your newly aquired HP to reroll it, feel free to post the reroll in your next action.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Kitty looks around at the group "I can take one of you... Who's comin? Looks like that guy can get there himself.." She nods at the quickly dissapearing form of Spike.

Caros

First Post
Round 3!

The blow caught him before his defenses could interpose themselves, taking Nicolas right off his feet. He bounced like a ragdoll across the floor, skidding slowly to a stop not far from the wall. Blurry-eyed, he looked up at the advancing Quicksilver, then let out a brief cry, holding his ribs.

"I... I think I broke something. Oh god, my ribs. You've got me, I'm done." He paused, attempting to push himself up, propping himself on one hand, meeting Quicksilver's eyes. "Oh wait... Just kidding."

He snapped the fingers of his free hand, both floor and ceiling rushing towards the other mutant in a wave of harsh metal. While he might have appeared cocky, such a use of his power took more out of Alchemist than he would like to admit, his body aching as he put his all into this swing.

[sblock=ooc]I don't use the hero point to reroll, I use it to negate the stun. Two reflex saves headed his way. Extra effort, I am now exausted =/ [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Alchemist's floor attack slams into Quicksilver. He manages to mostly dodge the first part of the attack, running away only to get clocked solidly as the second half of Alchemists attack springs out from the wall, knocking him silly.

[sblock=combat info]
Reflex saves vs danger room (1d20+17=20, 1d20+17=23) He fails the second, but b/c of his Improved evasion, the dc is only 23 for the toughness save on the first one (Too bad his toughness save is +1)
DC 23 Toughness saves vs smooshing (1d20+1=18, 1d20+1=4) **IGNORE Second Toughness Roll**
He's stunned.

Info: Alchemist: 2 bruised, exhausted. Quicksilver: 1 bruised, stunned.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Nice catch. ;)
ANd here's where others start getting a chance to interact. Anybody who has their movement powers (Speed/walk through walls) arrives now, and rolls initiative for next round.
We'll continue this once I know who's here.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads