• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutant High Issue 1: The house that Xavier Built

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
[Cafeteria ----> Danger Room]
Miranda lands ontop of the table and grinned at Pyro and Astrid. "I'm not sure if you all are going to join in the fun.. but just in case..." Miranda she lightly tapped Pyro and Astrid's shoulder with her hands and vanished while she saying, "I"ll meet you there, so try not to fall through too many floors... I"ll give you at least 30 seconds to join me... so if I don't see you, make sure your not standing *IN* anything."

[sblock=Actions]
Standard Action: Extra Effort -> Power Stunt
Insubstantial [Effects 2 Others] 4 [25pp]: Alteration, Free Action, Personal Range, Duration: Sustained (Insubstantial); Affected by Electricity. PW: Progression (+1 person; 2 max), Extras: Effects Others(+1)
Movement: Fly towards the source of the noise ( the Danger Room).
Pending Status: Fatigued [Next Round]
[/sblock]

Miranda then flew towards the source of the racket while invisible.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Jemal said:
Spike manages to pinpoint the sound to the danger room and zooms off after it. Kitty stands up, looking after him and then back at the group "Should we go after him?".. What does Everybody else do?

[sblock=ooc all] Anybody without superspeed or the ability to fly through walls arrives at end of round 4 if they're going there. Anybody WITH the aforementioned powers arrives at end of round 2. Caros, lets try to speed through the first couple rounds, k? :D[/sblock]

(How close were the infirmary and danger room? Both in basement area?)

"I'll try to manage on my own." she replies, before dashing inside. No communication. :(

Jemal

Adventurer
[cafeteria]
Pyro and Calypso (hehe) both feel their weight fading away as they become insubstantial and watch Miranda take off.

OOC:
the 'normal' infirmary is on the main floor, the basement has Danger room, training rooms, emergency medical facility, x-jet hangar, and Cerebro.

Shayuri

First Post
"Omigosh this is...this is weird!" Calypso blurts as she looks at her own ghostly form, feels the physical world's influence on her start to evanesce. Realizing that there's a time limit on this, she looks up at Pyro and nods.

"Lets go!"

Then she's gone, diving out through a wall towards the danger room!

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
[Round 3: In danger room]

Knowing that she could not risk exposing herself until she knows Pyro and Astrid are 'safely' away from an solid obect, La Llorona remains in her ghost form and floats unseen as she secretly tries to aid Alchemist by trying to drain more of Quicksilver's energy.

[sblock= Init and Planned actions]

Init: 1d20+4 = 12
Free Action: Sustain Insubstantial Power Stunt.*
Move: Fly past Quicksilver so she can attack from behind.
Action: Fatique 7.Touch Range. 1d20 + 2 = 21. If successful Fortitude 17 to resist.

* If Pyro and Calypso can attack this round she will immediately adjust the power so that they could attack.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Initiative Roll (1d20 6=9)

Spike enters the Danger Room, hearing a commotion going on, as he reflexively tries to hear anything that would warn him of danger. (Danger Sense, Ultra Hearing 1)

Can he hear any dialogue as he nears the Danger Room, sense he has the power, he might as well use it to his advantage...

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
At the alarm, Xian jumps up, smiles at Kitty, offers his "good" hand to her and helps her to her feet.

Jemal said:
Kitty looks around at the group "I can take one of you... Who's comin? Looks like that guy can get there himself.." She nods at the quickly dissapearing form of Spike.

"Well Kitty, if you don't mind bringing me along..."

Caros

First Post
Alchemist forced a smile as he dragged himself upright, his legs unsteady beneath him as he stood. Bruised, bloodied, but certainly far from beaten, Nicolas tilted his head, that smile blossoming into a full on grin. "Hurts, don't it."

He coughed then, one of his legs giving out for an instant as pain shot through him. Recovering, he straightened, his breathing ragged even as he spat out another taunt. "I certainly do. Give you credit for that, I don't think I've even banged my knee in years."

Nicolas frowned then, one hand raised above his head, metal raising from the floor on either side of him, the material seeming tense, like a snake prepared to strike. "Course I don't think that is all you're guilty of. You're going to tell us all about what you're planning, who the cyborg was, and what you did to the professor and the others. When you wake up."

With that, the metal came crashing down.

[sblock=combat]Well, I rolled a http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1575368/ accounting for my reduced offensive ability as a result of exaustion. He's still stunned so I've got a little hope for this one.

Save is 31 if it does hit him.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Kitty nods "We'll see you guys later!" she shouts to the others, Grabbing Xi'an's hand (Hopefully you're wearing a glove. ;) ) and takes off, dragging him through the walls and floor, floating into the danger room behind Pyro and Calypso.

[danger room]
[sblock=initiative]
Alchemist
Nightcrawler(Yeah, you read that right.:p )
Quicksilver
Miranda
Spike
[/sblock]

"I'm sorry for ze interuption, herr Asher, but I cannot be allowing you to do zat to my companion." The words coming from behind Alchemist in a thick german accent are followed by a series of quick *Banf* sounds, and when the metal clangs together, quicksilver is no longer where he was standing before. Instead, he is being supported by an all too familiar blue figure - the infamous Nightcrawler.

Quicksilver nods his thanks to Nightcrawler and steps away a few feet. "You're much tougher than you look, and far more formidable than the files give you credit for, but you're still no match for us, you can barely stand."

Miranda zips in behind Quicksilver, attempting to drain his life, but he seems to realize somethings up at the last moment, quickly sidestepping her touch, which narrowly misses as she flies past his shoulder. **Alchemist sees him flinch several feet to the side for no apparent reason, looking curiously at the place he'd just been standing** "Nightcrawler, move, something else is here!"

Spike is close enough to have heard the conversation from last round, as well as the tell-tale *banfing* and Nightcrawler's speech. He enters the room to see the scene unfolding...

[sblock=ooc]
Pyro/Calypso/Xi'an/Shadowcat arrive at end of round due to delays. Calypso/Xi'an pls roll init for next round. Everyone else arrives the round after that. Just waiting on Spike's action to finish this round, then we'll start the next. (Alchemist if you wanna post your next action, please feel free. You go first in initiative.)
*Miranda : Sorry, but he's got Uncanny dodge.*[/sblock]

Remove ads