• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutant High Issue 1: The house that Xavier Built

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Seeing that the floor was now hopefully going to slow down Speedy, Spike decides to use his own powers to get to the foes. Nightcrawler looks down, sort of, but Speedy is still a nuisance. Why not go for both?

Moving to the foes, Spike uses his own powers to not be impeded by the floor if possible. He then eyes the two foes, and decides to use a little maneuver that Logan was teaching him. The famous spin attack. Luckily, Spike and his longer reach has a small advantage, as he can strike out at foes within his long reach. As he moves into position, he rotates a full 360 degrees, ending up facing the same direction, but not before sending his spikes to reach out and tag the enemies.

"Tag, you're it!"

OOC - Move By Action, Super Speed 1, Wall Crawling at Full Speed, Rapid Attack 1;10' with Elongated Spikes, Strike 5 (PF: Accurate 2, Mighty)

Spikes +11 to hit, +11dmg, Lethal
Attack on Quicksilver and Nightcrawler (1d20 11=22, 1d20 11=13)

Jemal

Adventurer
Spike's Attack misses both of his opponents, and as Xi'an heals Alchemist, the powerful young mutant stands strong, preparing to renew his assault

A few more students arrive at the danger room then, along with Wolverine.

[sblock=round 6 initiative]
Alchemist
Nightcrawler
Quicksilver
Calypso
Shadowcat
Miranda
Pyro
Wolverine (uh-oh)
Spike
Xi'an[/sblock]

Alchemist, bolstered by both healing and reinforcements, sends another wave of concrete at his opponents, though both now ready for it manage to weather the attack without further injury.

Nightcrawler teleports in behind Alchemist, landing a solid kick to the back of his neck, sending him flying into the hallway in a blinding flash of pain. He then spins around to launch a follow-up attack at Xi'an, knocking him silly.

Quicksilver chuckles at the 'reinforcements' and begins zipping around the room super-fast, throwing punches at everybody there. "Fine, You wanna play Rough? DON'T PLAY WITH LIGHTNING!"

[sblock=combat info]
Quicksilver makes both reflex saves and has improved evasion.Reflex saves vs danger room (1d20+16=27, 1d20+16=24)
Nightcrawler fails one reflex save
Reflex saves vs floor (1d20+12=14, 1d20+12=24)
however he makes the toughness save:
Toughness save dc26 (1d20+9=28)
Nightcrawler attacks:Attack roll vs Alchemist (1d20+14=28)
Alchemists Toughness Save DC29 (1d20+16=18)
Nightcrawler critsAttack vs Xi'an (1d20+14=34)
Toughness save DC 34 (1d20+11=25)

Calypso - Your 'hamper movement' ability effectively lowers Quicksilver's super-speed by one rank, just for the record. It is doing something, but at the speeds he travels it just doesn't 'appear' to be that much.

[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
I Need anybody else who was heading for the danger room to Roll initiative for Round 6, plus
intended actions.
Also, EVERYBODY(except Alchemist) please include in your next post your reflex and toughness saves vs Quicksilver's attack. Reflex dc = 22. Toughness dc = 27 if you fail, 21 if you succed (Or fail with Evasion rank 2), and no toughness save required if you have Evasion and make the reflex save.

Alchemist: 1 bruised, Staggered, Stunned
Xi'an: 1 bruised, Stunned, fatigued
Quicksilver: 1 bruised
Nightcrawler: 1 bruised
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
As Quicksilver dashes around the room, La Llorona allows her body to return to it's ghost form and becomes completely invisible, and thus manages to avoid what could have been a rather nasty collision. "Ole!

Once again, she tries to sneak up to Nightcrawler while in her invisible ghostform so she could drain his life force.

[sblock=actions]
Reflex 1d20 + 9 = 24

Free: Become Insubstantial, become totally concealed.
Move: Fly behind Nightcrawler.
Action: Death-touch 9 (Constitution Drain). Touch Range. 1d20 +2 = 7... meh

[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
"Looks like I was a bit late for the game. But there's still time on the clock." Eric said. "And I was always good at fourth-quarter comebacks."
[sblock]
initiative; ref save; toughness save (1d20+9=13, 1d20+11=21, 1d20+11=20)

Quarterback uses his Inspire feat, taking a full-round action and spending a hero point to give five allies a +5 bonus to attack rolls, saves, and checks for the next round. If any of the 'adult' X-men are helping, they're his first targets, followed by Miranda, Temper, Shadowcat, Pyro, and Spike (in that order). He's pretty much choosing his targets based on how well he knows people at this point, not on combat effectiveness, because he doesn't have a good idea on what most of you can do.
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Spike was ready, as he easily dodges the incoming punch. His sense are honed, as this is his forte. (Reflex Save (1d20 14=29), Evasion 2, )

Spike then catches Logan here, and knows it's going to get messy real soon. He readies his next act, hoping to catch Speedy while he's moving too fast to react.

Spike knows Logan will go all out, so he tries to make the best of it. He moves quickly, his spiked feet allowing him to use the wall to his advantage, as he rushes into the path of Quicksilver, ready to bring him down. He puts his head down, and follows through with the SLAM, hoping to end this guy's torment on the others.

He feels the full weight of the super coming at him, as the collision is loud. Something cracks, but Spike doesn't think it's his own bones breaking. That brings a smile to his face, as he shakes off the effect.

"You really gotta watch where you're going!" he says, smirking at Speedy.

[sblock=SLAM]
Slam Attack: Not sure of the bonuses. I have normal +5 Attack Bonus
Then +2 for Melee due to Attack Focus Melee 2 ranks
Moving Normal, I think, since it's confined space and I won't be able to use accelerated movement, Super Speed 1, even with wall crawling at full speed, so that's another +2
Grand total of +9 to SLAM, right?

SLAM Attack on Quicksilver (1d20 9=29)

HOLY CRAP! Nat 20! I gotta read up on this now, lol. +14 dmg to Quicksilver if it confirms,and only +9 if it doesn't
+7 for me, since it's a slam. Impervious 2 brings it down to +5, for Toughness DC 20 save for me. Toughness Save for SLAM (1d20 11=25)[/sblock]

OOC - Had to write out my thoughts, as I want to make sure I understood the rules. I have Immovable, but I think that only applies when I receive a SLAM attack, not initiate it, right?

Any way to allow Spike to use a Hero Point to make Quicksilver reroll his save, should he pass? What use of Hero Point would really be beneficial right now? Spike would definitely use one on this lucky hit!

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Xi'an tries to draw breath but finds himself momentarily unable. He barely even knows what hit him. As he gasps, flying fists pummel him, blasting him across the room. He slumps to the ground, unconscious.

[sblock=ooc] Reflex (reduced due to Fatigue) = 15; Toughness (reduced due to loss of dodge bonus and bruised) = 7; Reflex is fail! toughness if fail by 20! I am unconscious (and dying? was it lethal? If so, I think my cocoon should probably start forming here pretty soon.). I also think, because I was stunned, I should be flying backwards somewhere...by my calculations, roughly 50 feet. Glad I was so effective.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Temper runs into the danger room, just behind Quarterback. She pauses near the door, assessing the battlefield. The young mutant rocks backwards under Quicksilver's hail of blows, but is unharmed by his attacks.

"Playtime stops now," she declares. I thought that part of the simulator was stupid, but it's apparently quite accurate. And now that I've got your attention... Temper whips her arm out, launching the steak knife stolen from dinner at the blue mutant? standing over a fallen student. Then she'll sweep her power across the enemy at waist height, hoping he'll be distracted by faux attack.

[sblock]Initiative: d20+10: 29

Delay to go after Quarterback. I want that Inspire bonus. So Initiative 13.

Reflex save DC 22: 7. FAIL!
Toughness save DC 27: 36!. Natural 20: success.

Move Action: Feint Nightcrawler. Bluff +6 (+6 normal, -5 move action, +5 Inspire) I don't think Attractive applies. Bluff check: 8

Standard Action: Shoot Nightcrawler. Blast Vampiric +14, Incurable. Attack Bonus: +18 (+8 base, +5 Inspire, +5 All Out Attack. Attack roll: 21

HP reroll: 32

Toughness DC 29 Lethal, Incurable

Def 11/10. Toughness +21*/16 (12 Imp). Inspired +5. Fine. HP 2

If Nightcrawler is taken out before she attacks, then direct her actions at Quicksilver instead. If both have gone down, attempt to apply first aid to KO'd ally.

[sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative]
Alchemist
Nightcrawler
Quicksilver
Calypso
Shadowcat
Llorona
Pyro
Quarterback
Temper
Wolverine (uh-oh)
Spike
Xi'an
[/sblock]

Quicksilver zips around punching everybody, Calypso is staggered by his attack, it passes harmlessly through Shadocat, Pyro and Quarterback are both stunned, Temper barely feels it, wolverine seems unharmed, Spike Easily evades by running up a wall and then flipping back down, and Xi'an is sent flying into a wall to crumple unconscious near Alchemist.

Shadowcat runs backwards and grabs Xi'an and alchemist, dragging them down the hall out of the line of fire.

Llorona attempts to drain Nightcrawler but is unable to catch up to all of his bouncing and flipping long enough to grab onto him.

He likewise is able to narrowly avoid Tempers blast, which singes off some of his blue fur before sizzling into the wall.

Wolverine throws himself after Nightcrawler, but misses as the mutant teleports and flips around, avoiding him.
Spike's attack is far more effective... reaching out he manages to catch Quicksilver with his spikes as the speedster attempts to go past, and Quicksilver stumbles, out of control, smashing into a wall where he crumples.

[sblock=combat info]
Temper's attack roll actually hit 5 lower, as Quarterback is stunned and unable to use Inspiration. however, a 27 still hits. So...
Toughness Save vs Temper Blast (1d20+13=33) Ouch, nat 20 for nightcrawler. due to his 'defensive roll' feat I'm just describing it as 'missing'
Quicksilver's not so lucky:
Toughness save Vs spike's Crit DC29 (1d20+8=18) Knockback into wall, Toughness save DC 25 (1d20+7=17)
Baddie status:
Quicksilver: 3 bruised, 1 injured, Stunned, Staggered, Disabled
Nightcrawler: 1 bruised
Goodguy Status:
Alchemist: 1 bruised, Staggered, Unconscious
Xi'an: 2 bruised, Stunned, fatigued, Unconscious
Calypso: 1 bruised, Stunned, Staggered
Pyro: 1 bruised, Stunned
Quarterback: 1 bruised, Stunned
Wolverine: 1 bruised

What with Alchemis being down, they go first in init, so I'll do the next round below
[/sblock]

[round 7(8?)]

Seeing Quicksilver struggling to get up, and many reinforcements having arrived, Nightcrawler dashes over to the speedster "You have won zis time, but ve shall triumph in ze end!" With that, Nightcrawler grabs Quicksilver and dissapears.

-END COMBAT-

Wolverine growls as he looks around, sniffing the air in an attempt to track them, before he looks around and sees so many students laying around injured. He rushes to the nearest one as more teachers arrive. The injured students are taken up to the infirmary (Alchemist, Xi'an, Calypso) while Professor Summers asks the rest of you what happened. Once he's gotten all the information he can from you, he suggests everybody head to bed, it's starting to get late and tommorow's going to be a busy day. (If anybody has any 'special insights' they'd like to share, feel free to post it)

*PLEASE READ OOC THREAD*

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Freeling a bit of post battle humiliation, over her inability to cause any harm to Quicksilver and Nightcrawler, Miranda took off one her her long gloves and sighed. Looking cool and kicking ass is one thing, but looking cool while being humiliated was another.

As one of the teachers approached her to check up on she's doing Miranda states, "I'm not sure if this attack had anything to do with that Cyborg Kid's attack... But I really think someone needs to check danger room's computer system and it's access logs... That kid had help, maybe from those two and I think they looked through the computers and found out about everyone's powers and their weaknesses... It makes sense considering that they were so interested in Alchemist..." She glanced towards the other students. "Anyways I'm out of here."

Miranda, whose body was in her ghost form, sighed as she drifted Past Pyro and out of the Danger Room. Before allowing herself to vanish she gave Pyro a meek smile since he deserved one.

Were this a movie or a tv show, Miranda would have expected the writer to throw in a brief 30 second to a minute long montage of her training. Unfortunately, this is real life. She doesn't get one. Instead, she gets to spend restless several hours in thought before she finally falls a sleep.

Remove ads