• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutant High Issue 1: The house that Xavier Built

Caros

First Post
"Oh this just gets better and better doesn't it? Bit hypocritical though don't you think? Making comments about people not being able to stand?" Wobbly though he might be, there was no shortage of fire in Alchemist.

Like Nightcrawler, he was surprised at Quicksilver's announcement, cocky grin pulling at the corner of his lips. "Looks like your time is up herr Maximoff. Two of you against this whole school? You can't even handle me." Eyes flicked to Spike, smile and a nod cast his way as he called on his power once more, lifting both his arms in a dramatic display the already torn up floor rising to his whim. "I'm a little drained... don't know how accurate I'll be, so don't get crushed kay?"

[sblock=Combat info]One area attack on both enemies.[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda lightly bit her lip as it became obvious to her that Quicksilver was able to sense her, although she wasn't quite sure how. Not matter what, as she watched the battle one thing became clear: Even though Quicksilver's speed was an obvious threat, Nightcrawler's unpredictability needed to be dealt with quickly.

[sblock=Planned Actions]
Assuming that Nightcrawler is in the room during my turn:

Hoping to catch Nightcrawler off guard, La Llorona drifts after him while invisible and attempts to drain some of his life force..

Free Actions: Sustain Insubstantial Power Stunt until she see's Pyro and Calypso.
Move: Fly until she is behind Nightcrawler.
Action: Death-touch 9 (Constitution Drain). Touch Range. 1d20+2=17. If successful Fortitude 19 to resist drain

If successful: La Llorona leans forwards then whispers into Nightcrawler's pointy ears in a seductive and creepy voice, "I am sorry... If you value your life... Leave... Leave Now..."

[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Spike can tell what's happening, as he spies the two against one odds. He also hears that someone else is in here, as he tries to spot anything, but decides on rashness rather then caution.

"At least I don't have to worry about trashing this place!" Spike comments, as his instincts kick in. His spikes protrude quickly, from his forearm, and elongate into spiked weapons that he now focuses on the two quick foes.

"Wanna play pin the tail on the moron?"

Spike then strikes at the nearest foe, not caring about the damage that was soon to be dealt on these intruders. His spikes are ready, as he knows that the others are on their way. He will try to leave them some...

Strike 5 (PF: Accurate 2, Mighty; Drawback: Only Lethal Damage)
Strike at 10' away, first target available. (1d20 5=6)

Unfortunately, it would appear that Spike tripped over the rubble on the ground...

Jemal

Adventurer
Spike rushes forward to attack, but unfortunately the rubble impeedes his movement, and Quicksilver effortlessly sidesteps the clumsy assault.
-End round 4-

*Round 5*
[sblock=initiative]
Alchemist
Nightcrawler
Quicksilver
Shadowcat
Miranda
Pyro
Spike
[/sblock]

As Pyro, Calypso, Shadowcat, and Xi'an all phase through the walls and ceiling, landing behind Alchemist, he realizes the spotlight is now on and stands tall, summoning his strength for a massive assault on the two of them. The floor rising up and slamming down repeatedly as he attempts to catch the two of them. Quicksilver easily evades but Nightcrawler is caught by the massive attack and blasted back into a wall.

[sblock=combat]
Quicksilver doesn't have to make the save b/c he'd readied an action to dodge. Nightcrawlers rolls..
Nightcrawler Reflex Save vs floor (1d20+12=18) , failing.
Toughness DC 26 (1d20+10=18)
And the blue banfer is stunned.. and knocked back into a wall Toughness save vs wall DC 21 (1d20+9=28) Though he suffers no further consequences from hitting said wall.
Nightcrawler: 1 Bruised, stunned, 50' away near wall.
Quicksilver: 1 bruised
Alchemist: 2 bruised, Exhausted[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] OK, still need initiative from Calypso and Xi'an, as well as their planned actions (I did alch/nightcrawler/quicksilver's actions allready this round b/c there's no way you two could beat their init at the moment, even with a nat 20). Need those before i can do further updates.[/sblock]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Xian sees Nicholas looking pretty rough and runs to him, throwing off his glove and placing his healing hand on Alchemist's arm.

"What the heck is going on here?"

OOC: [sblock]Initiative: 4;
Healing: +9 recovery check for Alchemist; He also gets to make a check to get rid of his fatigue/exhaustion and give me his fatigue/exhaustion.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Init: 20
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1576507/

Calypso plunges through the wall of the Danger Room...a scene she'd only seen a couple of times now, but never like this. Nightcrawler woozy and half-indented into the far wall, some guy in a crazy suit of tights zipping around, Alchemist literally ripping the room apart to try to get them...

"This ought to slow you down a bit,"
she declares, and lifts her hands slowly, as if picking something heavy up. A thick fog rises in the room, but sticks to the floor; cold and clammy. It swirls mostly around the half where Quick and Nightcrawler are, slicking the floor with ice and condensation.

(Environment Control! Hamper Movement 1/2.)

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative]Alchemist
Nightcrawler
Quicksilver
Calypso
Shadowcat
Miranda
Pyro
Spike
Xi'an
[/sblock]

Calypso conjures up a slick of ice on the danger room floor around the two 'evil mutants' as Llorona drops the insubstantiality around pyro and calypso, then taps Nightcrawler on the shoulder, whispering to him. A brief chill seems to travel through his body, but he shakes it off.

Pyro flicks open his lighter and sends a blast of flame out at Quicksilver, but is unable to catch the speedy mutant.

*Actions from Alchemist and Spike pls, as you two both act still before they do*

[sblock=combat info]

Llorona hits nightcrawler, he nat 20's... Fortitude Save vs Death Touch (DC 19) (1d20+10=30)
Pyro misses fireball attack vs Quicksilver (1d20+10=19)

[/sblock]

Caros

First Post
"Geeze, took you guys long enough." He flashed a smile back towards Xian as the mutant laid on with his healing hand. "I didn't make enough noise or something? All thought you'd just come for a stroll to the danger room?"

His eyes trailed to Nightcrawler and Quicksilver, feeling revitalized from the healing touch. "Told you so. You guys should have taken off when I gave you the chance. That boat, however, has sailed. I'd offer you surrender, but wild guess you'd vanish before we could get our hands on you."

He lifted his hands again, power flowing more easily through him, grin quirking his lips as he launched another attack. "Besides, payback is a.... well you know the rest"

[sblock=Combat]Well I attempt healing checks for both conditions. 19,18

Those succeed I do believe, unless I was misreading how Xian's power worked. There were two seperate versions of it, in the main book and ultimate powers, so I'm not sure. ^_^

Then two area attacks, DC 21, Selective so as not to kill my loving teammates.[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
She mutters after seeing her life drain fail. She calls back towards Alchemist. "I was here... Who do you think was creeping out that pedo? "

[OOC:Waiting to see what Nightcrawler and Quicksilver does before I post my intended action]

Remove ads