• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutant High Issue 2: A Hard Lesson

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda eyes begin to give off a greenish glow as she scans around the crash site as she tries to spot everyone's life signs. Several people seemed injured... Pyro's faint... Maybe I should help him first...

She then notices Cyclop's faint (or almost non-existant?) life signs. Oh crap.... that's definitely not good! Why didn't they spend more time train me to improve my healing powers?!? I have to try and help him... If I don't and Xian's get's here too late... Oh god...

Miranda rushes over towards Cyclops's still body then places her ghostly hands over his heart. After offering him a silent prayer, she closes her eyes and focuses hard on repairing his life force as Miranda whispers, "Please, don't die. The school needs you to live..." Miranda softly bit her lip then added. "If you get better, I promise I'll be a better student.."

[sblock=OoC]
Since Miranda hasn't decided to go into a hospital and study the injured and dying, when she uses her life sensing abilities all she could really determine is really limited to the obvious and not really the specific.

Power Stunt: Healing
If Cyclops is DEAD---> Healing 5[/B] [25pp] Extras: Affects Corporeal, Reserection, Total
Power Check:1d20+5=21

Else ---> Healing 6 [25pp] PF: Stabilize; Extras: Affects Corporeal, Total;
Power Check:1d20+6=22

[/sblock]

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Serena & Serena grabs the boy, jolting him with a stream of electricity. With a childish whine, he dissapears, leaving the two of them standing there staring bewildered at each other. A second later, they both clutched at their heads in pain and fall to their knees. "Somethings wrong with our body" One of them says.

IC
Serena looks at her doppleganger, still holding her head in pain. "Returning to our body while it's damaged would be unwise. Returning to our body in our current state is even more unwise. The cyborg is still after its primary target. Most if not all of the telepaths and psychics are unconscious. The other students and faculty may be in danger. Are in danger. We do not know where Cerebro is, nor do we know how this happened...." she said. "Cerebro? Cerebro are you there? Here?" She called out tentively. "Help us, please. We can't do this by ourselves,"

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Xi'an quickly unbuckles his harness as soon as the jet comes to a complete stop. He sees Miranda run out of the wreckage towards Cyclops and Temper, and he follows, stopping long enough to ask the others remaining in the X-jet to grab Pyro and get him out of the jet.

Once Xi'an leaves the jet he runs towards Cyclops.

"Miranda, is he okay? Can you get him? If he's still out, let me try."

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda glanced over towards Xi'an and bit her lip. He was a better healler then she was; however, she didn't want to give up on her attempt since she wanted to prove to herself that she could in fact heal and not just throw a temporary bandage over a wound. "I not sure..." She glanced down at Cyclops. "Usually, when I try to heal it tricks the body into thinking that it's alright... but I'm trying something new right now. The best way to describe what I'm doing is to say it's like weaving with life-force so that it mends the his body while using a pattern based on his own cellular memory , then using my own life force to fortify and jumpstarting his full recovery." She she sighed. "Or at least you could say that's theory behind what I'm trying."

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Temper experimentally wriggles her fingers and toes and otherwise checks herself over. That's going to make walking difficult, she thinks feeling her messed up leg. After getting her bearings, Temper hauls herself to her feet using the shattered tree.

"Any other injuries?" she asks the powered healers hovering over Cyclops, a bit out of breath. "We need to leave this crash site once everyone is safe to move."

drothgery

First Post
"I'm fine." Eric says, unbuckling his seat belt and walking over to join Xian and Miranda. "If you spend a few years trying to avoid 250 pound linemen, you end up with pretty good reflexes. Do you think you'll need a hand getting Prof. Summers back on his feat?" Eric said, obliquely referring to his ability to improve others' powers.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"I'm fine." Eric says, unbuckling his seat belt and walking over to join Xian and Miranda. "If you spend a few years trying to avoid 250 pound linemen, you end up with pretty good reflexes. Do you think you'll need a hand getting Prof. Summers back on his feat?" Eric said, obliquely referring to his ability to improve others' powers.

"Sure... I think that would speed things up."

Temper replies, "I haven't seen her or the boy you were with... Pyro?"

She frowned. "I think he's still in the jet with Sparky...." If only this wasn't taking so long...

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Then why are all of you out here? Temper slowly heads back into the plane, limping slightly. She'll check the condition of Sparky and Pyro (Medicine +6: 16)

Remove ads