Mutants & Masterminds 3 preview art

coyote6

Adventurer
He's not the developer; Jon L. is (I can never spell his name right from memory). SK stepped down as dev, IIRC. Maybe he got tired of doing it, or needed/wanted more time to write games & books rather than just develop others' work.

I'm glad they're expanding the FC universe; I'm going to have to pick up M&M 3e, even though I'm fairly certain we won't be leaving 2e.

Treebore

First Post
Compared to the art in the DC books a good bit of those examples are pretty weak. I hope those are as unfinished as they look to be and improve a lot when done.

deinol

First Post
Those look like unprocessed finals. You can still see pencil marks from the original sketching. Once they are processed by the art department they will look a lot cleaner.

I don't have the DC adventures book, but did it have a lot of original art? Or did it benefit from the DC archives that include thousands of drawings of well known superheroes?

coyote6

Adventurer
Those are concept sketches. If you read the preview, Jon talks about how the final versions are different in some ways.

As for DCA, I believe it's all DC art. But I'm not sure.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Compared to the art in the DC books a good bit of those examples are pretty weak. I hope those are as unfinished as they look to be and improve a lot when done.

Well yeah, I dont think that there's an original piece of art in that DC book at all. Most of it I recognize from other sources...

EDIT: Just flipped through most of the book and it looks like all of the art (that I saw) was all previously existing art.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases