[Mutants & Masterminds / DC Adventures] Freedomverse Issue #1 "Black & White"

Shayuri

First Post
Hex looks down at Reb's sword, still englobed in red-violet swirls of energy.

"Is it really over?"

For once, the Grimoire was silent. It hated admitting when it didn't know.

tglassy

Adventurer
"I wouldn't touch it," Hawk said, using his power to levitate the sword once more. "Let's take it back to base and see if there's a way to analyze it safely."

Sent from my iPad using EN World

hero4hire

Explorer
Indeed the din of combat ceased. Even the convulsing henchmen had finally calmed their seizures and laid unnaturally still.

Suddenly the silence was interrupted by the sound of a clamor of boot-shod footsteps as a dozen of the FCPD's Special Crimes Unit storm in, led by none other than "Mad Dog" Maddicks.

"Crissakes! More dead bodies than the County Morgue in here!"

Shayuri

First Post
Hex looked around, alarmed. "No one touch the sword!" she blurted, indicating the warded blade on the floor. "It's either possessed by, or a conduit for a very powerful demonic presence. We're not sure if it can possess anyone who touches it, or just the ones who served it, but..."

She shakes her head wearily. "...it's not worth taking the chance."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2usfq7s.jpg

Astral
Freedom City/Hunter Museum of Natural History
Afternoon
Round 0

“Right. The one that got away,” Astral agreed with Hawk. “We’ll find him. And I don’t know if it’s over,” she answered Hex. “Hopefully. Did they get what they were after?” She glanced around the gallery, now riddled with bullets and tossed furniture.

Then Maddicks and the police were rushing in, taking in the scene.

“They had failsafes, I think, so they wouldn’t be taken alive,” Astral explained to Captain Maddicks. “Can you get us something to contain that sword?”

[sblock=Actions and Saves]
Move:
Action:
Reaction:
Conditions: Force Field, Mental Communications
Hero Points: 0
[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
As the Leaguers discuss the situation with Maddicks, a BOLT OF LIGHTNING lances straight through the Hall and the Display Case and in a brilliant flash, the HEART OF DAKANA is gone!

OOC: Those who make a Successful Fortitude check DC 10 may make a Perception check DC 25. Anyone with Quickness may ass their rank to the Perception check. Anyone with any kind of Immunity to Flash or Bright Light may forgo the Fortitude.

tglassy

Adventurer
[Mutants & Masterminds / DC Adventures] Freedomverse Issue #1 "Black & White"

Fortitude: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

hero4hire

Explorer
No mere lightning flash would evert Prometheus's gaze. The Titan was long accostomed to bright light and flames so he was able to see, if but for an instant, A FIGURE within the lighting bolt. Not just a figure but a woman. Short hair, blond and beautiful. Even though it was only a microsecond her image was embedded in his mind.
[sblock]07f8ece5439c754188e54f07cb2d2638.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: Good dice! Natural 20 deserves some extra info. So instead of a blur or a silouhette, Prometheus gets a pic.

Remove ads