• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E My Best Idea for 5th Edition

Bagpuss

Legend
If this is your best idea I'm really interested in what you considered but dismissed as worse, because I can't think of anything worse than this.

renau1g

First Post
I still can't believe they didn't make a good 4e turn-based game ala FF Tactics. Seems the perfect edition for it. Maybe that one for the PSP didn't sell well.

renau1g

First Post
Plus, how long would it take to design and troubleshoot such a thing? Answer= years, espeically with frequent changes being made.

Well, it wouldn't take years if it was say.... an iOS title. I have a client who develops games for the Apple products and it's more like 4-6 months for a solid game (before you say the stuff is probably crap, they've been a finalist for a national award for their work). It doesn't need to be a AAA title, heck these days the only AAA titles are FPS' it seems. Or Diablo.

That said, I still don't think it's a good idea. They can't even manage a VTT let alone this. Plus with a VG as a base you'd even further alienate the older edition fans who already call 4e a video game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads