My first 5th edition character is made

Nebulous

Legend
Yes sir, that is a fine character you have there. 5e i think has hit a nice spot of "fun" characters to make. I can't wait to see more options in the PHB.

vernicus

First Post
Should the attack with the warhammer be +2 and +0 damage?

Ya I don't know where I got the +3 to hit, musta thought I had a higher strength. I thought you get your proficiency added to damage with weapons that you are proficient with, but I may be wrong. So +2, +2.

EDIT: You are right, no proficiency bonus to damage, just stat bonus. So +2 attack and 1d8 (1d10 two handed) damage. Thanks mate. :)

View attachment Margara character sheet Mk. 2.pdf

Last edited:

andreww

First Post
If you are going Dwarf why would you choose Hill over Mountain. +1hp and +1wis compared to the ability to wear medium armour and still cast spells seems like a poor trade off. AC is important in 5e and 11 is asking for trouble. With a starting Int of 15, 3 prepared spells and only 2 slots you also cant really afford to take Mage Armour making mountain dwarf a mechanically stronger choice for basically the same flavour.

Also I am pretty sure your Con should be 16.

vernicus

First Post
If you are going Dwarf why would you choose Hill over Mountain. +1hp and +1wis compared to the ability to wear medium armour and still cast spells seems like a poor trade off. AC is important in 5e and 11 is asking for trouble. With a starting Int of 15, 3 prepared spells and only 2 slots you also cant really afford to take Mage Armour making mountain dwarf a mechanically stronger choice for basically the same flavour.

Also I am pretty sure your Con should be 16.

Ya the armor is a good point, and I guess the mini looks like it could be wearing fantasy leather armor. Imma gonna have to think about that one.

I'm not sure where the extra 2 pts of Con should come from? One of the reasons I went will hill dwarf is so I could put my 14 in Con and still have a 14 total Wis with my 13 plus race bonus.

vernicus

First Post
All dwarves get +2 con so it is 16.

Yeppers! I figured that out last night reading the rules after I went to bed. I got so excited about the sub races I stampeded right past the basic +2 CON. Thanks for setting me straight. Now she had 10 HP! Who needs armor? :)

ren1999

First Post
View attachment 62553
Much fun was had. I love the character building elements. So many cool ideas for character personality and background.

I will be using your character as a pre-gen for my next attempt at teaching 5th edition!

A quick note. List your "passive Perception near your Senses." That is 10+your wisdom modifier(+2)+your Perception Skill(+0)=passive Perception 12

Last edited:

Remove ads