My game is 31 years old about now!

Aramax

First Post
So I know I post this every year but dang nabbit I think I got something to crow about! Still have 2 original payers,I newb whos been playing about 25 yrs and a few youngsters!I wish I was 1/2 this good at the rest of my life.Maybe you can only do one thing reall well.

DO NOT EP ME FOR THIS,Ive ALREADY really milked that cow!

nijineko

Explorer
congrats! i've been gaming for nearly that long, but my oldest campaign (still ongoing) is about half that age. ^^ same set of players, though. =D

i think you should update your sig to match?

Aramax

First Post
Payers?

If you've got 'em paying to play I want to know your secret. Now. ;)

Congrats on the long game. Same campaign/characters all the way along?

Lanefan
The campagin is the same=1st level vrs the Cthuhu mythos and the characters have changed,but they are sort of reincarnated

Mark Morrison

First Post
Great result, Aramax!

Same campaign or rules? Or game group?

I'm still roleplaying with guys I started playing 1/72nd WW2 wargames with back in 1979, but many systems have gone under the bridge in those years... and then some of them have floated right back up.

Cheers,

Mark

Aramax

First Post
Great result, Aramax!

Same campaign or rules? Or game group?

I'm still roleplaying with guys I started playing 1/72nd WW2 wargames with back in 1979, but many systems have gone under the bridge in those years... and then some of them have floated right back up.

Cheers,

Mark
The game world has been the same this whole time I started in 1st ed,then switched to my own rules about 10 years in and used them for quite a while.
I switched to 3.5 because of my own power creep for about a year.Then switched to 4th for 2 years,and gave my players a treat,I normally run the game through about 7th level(which took2-5 years to reach).With 4th I tried to go to 30th but only made it to 27th.Switched to Pathfinder for about 9 Months and now have come full circle and wrote my own rules again taking the best from every addition with a soft cap of 7th level.

Ive had many,many players come and go,I still have 2 of my first players and 1 whos been around for 25 years I now have my son(who at 21 is way younger than a lot of my maps!)and a couple of newbie

The thread that binds the characters to the game is the Kharmic line the players are tied to.It gives them full acsess to the memories of all their past characters.Devas were a natural addition to the world,one player has already riencarnated his first PC in deva form.

The game started w/the death of almost all the gods at the hands of Cthuhu
and his kin.Since then its been epic battles w Cthulhu,Dragons,Extraplaner Dragons and The Orc Messiah(who was Nyarthalotep) currently they are smack dab in the middle of a battle w/the extraplaner dragons,they are 2nd and
will be spending the next 2 or 3 years struggling against them till they reach 7th.

Aramax

First Post
if anyone has any interest in seeing my rules they are on google docs and would be happy to share
its low powered and geared for low level play

Last edited:

nijineko

Explorer
if anyone has any interest in seeing my rules they are on google docs and would be happy to share
its low powered and geared for low level play

i only play low level as a stepping stone to high level play. over the years i've figured out how to play high level without rocket tag and still challenge the players meaningfully. i find it fun.

still, it would be of great interest to see a set of rules which is the end product of so much experience and evolution. i would be interested in seeing it.

Zustiur

Explorer
Your game is older than I am!

As someone who is currently writing his own rules, I would love to see your home-made ruleset. In fact, I'd love to see both of them - the older one you used for 10 years and the current one.

Remove ads