My girlfriend has a question....

jbear

First Post
Ok, so since funny has been done, I'll do: 'I completely reject the notion we are ALL geeks.'

I played rugby all through school and university. I have travelled the world like a true vagabond. I ran away with a circus. I've drunk champagne with top Italian super models in the VIP area of one of the hottest clubs in Rome. I've been in more fights than I can count, and won more fights than I have lost. I make my living in theatre. I have a gorgeous wife and two spectacular kids. I love dungeons and dragons passionately, and enjoy nothing better than sharing that passion with the people around me. I am not a geek.

Fridayknight

First Post
Was I the funny for once? Wow, my practising on the voice chat must really be working? :D
You are not a geek, jbear, you are a predator, who improves the race, but kills not out of hate.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ok, so since funny has been done, I'll do: 'I completely reject the notion we are ALL geeks.'

I played rugby all through school and university. I have travelled the world like a true vagabond. I ran away with a circus. I've drunk champagne with top Italian super models in the VIP area of one of the hottest clubs in Rome. I've been in more fights than I can count, and won more fights than I have lost. I make my living in theatre. I have a gorgeous wife and two spectacular kids. I love dungeons and dragons passionately, and enjoy nothing better than sharing that passion with the people around me. I am not a geek.
(emphasis mine)

Rugby + supermodels + brawling and you include that sentence I boldfaced?

GeEEeeeeEEEeeeeEEeeek!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0"]YouTube- gooble gobble[/ame]

:p;)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Oh, and for the record:

1) I'm a geek despite being a globetrotting lawyer/mba/artist/musician.

2) The funny is NEVER done.

Istar

First Post
She wants to know why we are all geeks? Wondering what I should tell her......

Okay here are a few I have tried on my wife:

Geeks shall inherit the earth.

What was the name of that racing car driver who dumped Danny Minogue so he could concentrate more on his D&D.

Please dont call it "Dumb and Dumber".

Did you know ts harder coming out to admit you play D&D than it is to come out of the closet being Gay - apparently , arent you glad I arent gay ?

Since we all found out that Vin Diesel plays we are all now cool and mini-me versions of XXX, now that you know that can you stop mentioning to all of your friends while we are in public.

Thats about it for starters.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Was I the funny for once? Wow, my practising on the voice chat must really be working? :D
You are not a geek, jbear, you are a predator, who improves the race, but kills not out of hate.
Hahaha. I've become less aggressive as I've aged and travelled. My signature is more about how I see my role as DM. And how I would run earth if I was god... but that is another story :). Joking. Kind of. Oh, and it also happens to be a quote from one of the best series of books ever written.

jbear

First Post
(emphasis mine)

Rugby + supermodels + brawling and you include that sentence I boldfaced?

GeEEeeeeEEEeeeeEEeeek!

YouTube- gooble gobble

:p;)
Hahaha. Yeah. Pretty shameless. But I know i'm amongst friends. I do think D&D suffers from a stigma that is completely unjustified though, in all seriousness. When I think of the word geek, I get a visual image of skinny kids with glasses that get beat up on at school and make love to their hands. So I guess definition is important. Semantics I guess. But from the OPs question, it seems like his girlfriend has a pretty negative image, and a very stereotyped one at that, if I have it right.

I am everything I am and I'm proud to say I think D&D is pure AWESOME. I've introduced people from all walks of life to it. Some have liked it more. Some even more than that. But all agree that whatever the case, it's a cool game.

I hope one day in a not too distant future D&D and geek are not considered synonyms.

Remove ads