• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My group is looking for a new roleplaying game, suggestions please...

cbatt

First Post
Feng Shui - Hong Kong action movie greatness. Built around the concept of John Woo style action combined with Wuxia Fu flicks and oriental socrery (Big Trouble Little China style). It even has a good mix of science fiction thrown in to boot. There's not much better.

MARVEL SUPER-HEROES any version including, dare i say it, the saga rules is cool. I've never seen the stuff but champions comes highly recommended.

STAR WARS thats an obvios one i guess, but i like the d20 rules for it.

SHADOW CHASERS i haven't finished reading it, but the new d20 mini-game in this months polyhedron/dungeon magazine seems real cool, i'm thinking about running this one myself.

BATTLETECH for giant robot killin action, honestly not high on my list but playable.

VAMPIRE,WEREWOLF,ECT. again kinda obvios, but the story teller system is pretty ok.

ROBOTECH don't know how good the paladium rules are, i've never used them, my DM has a 100% homebrew system and campaign with massive enfisses on role play and a minimal, almost non-existant game mechanic. Kinda like almost nothing but opposed rolls for every action and a simple piont based character gen method.

CTHULHU again comes highly recomended, i've never played (waiting for d20).

bondetamp

First Post
Twilight: 2000 is about WW3 soldiers. It isn't a happy game, and it might in some ways seem dated, but it has zounds of weapons. :)

babomb

First Post
From the creators of Kobolds Ate My Baby!

http://www.ninjaburger.com/rpg/ Ninja Burger: The RPG Delivery in 30 minutes or less or we commit seppuku!

"Ninja Burger the Role-Playing Game is a hilarious twist on the traditional ninja/action role-playing setting...

9th Level Games has done it again. Ninja Burger gives us a new concept of RPG design, and that it makes us laugh until we choke only makes it better. Ninja Burger is arguably one of the most humorous RPGs ever written, and I can't suggest strongly enough that you should buy it! 5 stars. "

- http://www.dungeon-crawler.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ninja Burger: The Role-Playing Game uses the 9th Level Games BEER ENGINE: Beer and Pretzels Role-Playing Game System, which only promises to waste a few hours of your life, and lets you get right down to the fun. We promise that the game will be simple enough to play inebriated, and that getting your character sheet covered in grease and pretzel salt will only heighten the experience.

Ninja Burger: The Role-Playing Game comes in a handy ninja pocket-sized 8.5" by 5.25" format, featuring ancestral clans, ninja magic, ninja weapons, the ninja unspeakable disgrace chart, plenty of ninja enemies and even a sample adventure, "Delivery to Fodtekken." It's got everything you need to get started playing in under 5 minutes, aside from a few dice, a few friends, and your choice of refreshment. What are you waiting for?

Copies of Ninja Burger: The Role-Playing Game are only $5.95 each. Shipping and Handling charges are calculated separately for each item depending on where you live - the base is $3.50 for US residents, $7 for Canadian residents and $9 for anywhere else in the world, plus a small per item fee. In addition, California residents will be charged sales tax for the pleasure of living in such a magnificent state. Keep in mind that you can order more at a time by increasing your quantity in PayPal.

Last edited:

I second the vote for Alternity--Dark*Matter is an absolutely fantastic setting. I would be running a game of it, but learning a new rule set sort of turns off my players. I'm thinking that d20 modern would probably very easily allow you to convert Dark*Matter--there's also several conversions out there to d20 and the Storyteller system as well. As of right now though, the best way to play (IMHO) is with good old Alternity rules.

mmadsen

First Post
I've thought about Gurps, but to be honest, it has sorta a stigma localy... (Many jokes about the Complete Book of Gurps Books, Complete GURPS book of Rocks, etc...)... And it takes several books to get into it, as I Recall (Main book, at least one of the compendiums, then any supplements you might want rules from...)

Gurps Lite is all you need for a typical historical or modern campaign, and it includes enough magic rules to get you started in a D&D-esque fantasy game.

The fact that they provide so many options through their extensive product line is hardly an indictment of the system.

qstor

Adventurer
Delta Green, Alternity: Dark Matter , Dark Conspiracy,

A blast from the past Recon! The game of the Vietnam war. You can update it to Afganistan. W goes after the Taliban!

Mike

Remove ads