D&D General My head exploded

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Up to you but in this case you need to specify that connection otherwise no one's gonna know who you're talking about.
To the contrary, Jennell is still an active and popular designer.

Regardless there is never a good excuse to refer to someone by their deadname.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just saying I wouldn't make the connection.

Even if some said Jennell wrote an adventure in Dungeon 7.
Well, I guess that's just a difficulty you'll have to live with. I think members of the trans community have made it very clear how they wish to be referred to.

Zardnaar

Legend
Well, I guess that's just a difficulty you'll have to live with. I think members of the trans community have made it very clear how they wish to be referred to.

I'll refer to anyone however they want (generally) the exceptions are titles.

But if you've got published work, movies etc don't blame people if they don't make the connection.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I'll refer to anyone however they want (generally) the exceptions are titles.

But if you've got published work, movies etc don't blame people if they don't make the connection.
Luckily most people are happy to clear earnest confusion!

Retreater

Legend
I didn't back the recent JG/Goodman Games Kickstarter due to the physical size of the book making it impractical for use at the table. Jacquays was responsible for many good times at my table, from the Caverns of Thracia to the Catacombs Guide. Does anyone have information about supporting her current projects? Or how to legally get the JG stuff after the recent controversy - which resulted in all PDFs getting pulled from places like DriveThruRPG?
I didn't realize until around a year ago that all these great products came from a single designer, so while I've been a fan for a couple decades, I hadn't made the connection. I would be interested in seeing more.

Remove ads