My latest Dungeon Tiles storage solution

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Me too. I have over 20 sets. I'ld need 4 - 5 totes now! Ouch!

Still- it would be quicker to find individual tiles than my Baggie in a box method.

Kewl.
I just picked up some of these. The tote holds 8 files, and it looks like each file will hold 1 set. But they also have some larger stackable boxes. I picked up one that will hold 15 files, and it is on sale for $7.50 and even comes with one of the files in it! No carrying handle though.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Thanks for sharing.

When I point out some of the things I don't like about the D&D mins/counters, it's because people are well, forced to come up with solutions like this. It's like a fire and forget strategy for WoTC instead of supplying the solutions to problems that long term buying of their own products would create!

Anyway, that's pretty neat.

Yeah - imagine how these would sell to gamers with a dragon painted on the side!

JoeGKushner

First Post
Yeah - imagine how these would sell to gamers with a dragon painted on the side!

You joke but Games Workshop and other miniature companies seem to think that these things have value and price them accordingly. Which in turn lead to other miniature companies making their versions.

I'd like to think that WoTC, knowing the exact dimensions of the products their making, could make specialized compartments for the handling, sorting, and ease of retreiving specific pieces.

buzz

Adventurer
I'd like to think that WoTC, knowing the exact dimensions of the products their making, could make specialized compartments for the handling, sorting, and ease of retreiving specific pieces.
The question is whether they could do it profitably.

Holy Bovine

First Post
You joke but Games Workshop and other miniature companies seem to think that these things have value and price them accordingly. Which in turn lead to other miniature companies making their versions.

But those things also cost way more than what the OP is talking about. I've seen the stuff GW does and it is crazy expensive. Really I use clear crafting boxes and pay very little.

larrycormier

First Post
D&D Dungeon Tile Organizer and Storage Case Available!

Hi all,

I'm new to this site, but I just wanted to let you know that the Dungeon Tile Storage Issue was what got me here in the first place. I was looking for a way to store D&D Dungeon Tiles myself, but couldn't find a good solution. So I made one. I have designed a D&D Dungeon Tile Organizer and Storage case to address the problem, and have placed a prototype on eBay if anyone is interested in taking a look at it. It can be found under D&D RPG Mapping Tile Terrain Organizer Storage Case. Take a look, and see if it might be the Solution you were looking for! It was for me!

Thanks! :)

Talk with you later,

Larry Cormier

Remove ads