My latest Dungeon Tiles storage solution

jephlewis

First Post
OP, Thank You Very Much for this solution.

I just picked up some of these. The tote holds 8 files, and it looks like each file will hold 1 set. But they also have some larger stackable boxes. I picked up one that will hold 15 files, and it is on sale for $7.50 and even comes with one of the files in it! No carrying handle though.
yep. I went to officemax and picked up the tub that holds 15 of the file-things, as well as nine of the file things [for a total of ten]. I would have picked up more, but that's all they had. I'm going back next week.

Apparently, InFile seems to be gone, as well as "innovative storage designs" [the people who make the InFile products]. I can't find a good link.

Nebulous

Legend
Mine are stuffed in an amazon box, some punched, some not punched. The only saving grace from this shoddy solution is that i don't actually use them that often, and when i do, i almost always have them pulled out ahead of time so i don't have to search for anything.

kitsune9

Adventurer
The total cost of this solution is probably around $55. The hanging cases were $5 apiece, and the tote about $14 or so.

Wow, good idea. I do have a couple of these cases myself, but I didn't pay $5 for them. They can be found at a Japanese import store called Ichibankan here in the SF Bay Area. There's one in Japantown in SF and another in downtown San Mateo on 3rd that I know of and there could be a third location. They sell those for a $1.50 each. There's another competitor that's also from Japan called Daiso, but I'm not sure if they sell those cases. Daiso seems to be a larger chain and is probably elsewhere outside of CA.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
I have a 3'x1.5' long table beside me i stack them on so I have quick access to them. However, the Streets of Shadow I had to draw squares on, because they're nearly unviewable with the white crosses to indicate squares.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I keep mine in a box of D&D Basic Game (The one with the plastic black dragon), I have a couple more of them, so I can expand ;-)

My problem isn't how to store the 2D cardboard D&D tiles, but how to store my 3D gipsium D&D tiles...

Ruined

Explorer
I found a nice amount of the translucent InFile folders at Office Despot yesterday. They still had a few more clear ones as well as a stock of black cases. Now that my tiles are organized and easier to transport, I should get more use out of them.

Last edited:

Having bought a new set of dungeon tiles recently and finding myself always spending a lot of time building my dungeons during play, I am looking to organizing the tiles used by my group better.

This one looks interesting, though I think storage is not the only issue - maybe the least. One advantage in our group is that we have a fixed gaming place and we can store everything we have there. The disadvantage is that it is impossible to prepare the tiles before the game.

So my goal would not just to store the tiles, but to easily find them.

I'd like to balance concepts like "storage by size" and "storage by theme".
Size is often important to lay out the wider areas of an area and to identify fitting pieces. But "theme" is also important - since I don't want to always get an altar or strange energy ball when I need a door or when I need furniture!

One of the things I wonder about is what kind of storage containers I would need. Unfortuantely, the OfficeMax solution mentionered here is not just tricky because they seem to have gone or something, but also because they are not found in Germany. ;)

--

So, what are your suggestions? What are your experiences? Any more tips and advice?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases