"My Pathfinder Spoiler" Glimpses At Pathfinder 2

Paizocon took place over the weekend. Over the event, dozens of cards with snippets from the final Pathfinder 2 rules were distributed, tagged with "#MyPathfinderSpoiler". There are too many to share here, so here's a few samples and a link to the hashtag on Twitter where you can see them all.

D7ebtb_VUAI01Fk.jpg

Ben Burch

D7d1uyXUEAE8RJp.jpg

Starfinder Facts

D7d6qhbUIAEmRXt.jpg

Squiddish

D7d1TKJV4AAoO7w.jpg

Roll For Combat

D7d1iLWU8AA-OH6.jpg

MetroBostonOrganizedPlay

D7d1t4TVsAUMV-1.jpg

Dustin Campbell

D7gUXP9V4AAKubC.jpg

Dragons and Things​

Aldarc

Legend
Bear in mind, Gary Gygax publicly apologized for including psionics. There's a lot of people who don't like psionics (and have been vocal about it since they were introduced)
I was under the impression that it was more about how they were implemented rather than psionics per se.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
AD&D psionics and later version almost have nothing to do with each other. And thank god. Reading about them in a Dark Sun novel made me exited. Reading about them in a rulebook made me scream.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Bear in mind, Gary Gygax publicly apologized for including psionics. There's a lot of people who don't like psionics (and have been vocal about it since they were introduced)

There was also lots of support for psionics over the years including articles about working with the Deryini series by Katherine Kurtz and, of course, Dark Sun. So, after a point, who really cares what Gygax thought? It was no longer just his game.

JesterOC

Explorer
Given all this information. To those familiar with PF2 Beta, do these options represent much of a change from beta to now? I wanted to like the Beta but it seemed overly complicated (especially the skill DC calculations).

Staffan

Legend
Given all this information. To those familiar with PF2 Beta, do these options represent much of a change from beta to now? I wanted to like the Beta but it seemed overly complicated (especially the skill DC calculations).

DCs in particular have changed. Instead of having a big table where you cross-reference level with expected difficulty, you have a much smaller level that specifies what DCs a trivial, trained, expert, master, or legendary task is (I think it's 10, 15, 20, 30, 40). Individual skills then reference that doing X would be a Y type of task (e.g. climbing a ceiling would be a Master-level Athletics check).

It still appears to be a very crunchy system, but it seems to flow somewhat better than 3e/PF1 does. We'll see if it can fill the role for those who are looking for something D&D-like but with more crunch.

Chris Petersen

First Post
Oh noes! The comment police!!!

Well, first of all, yes. Yes, I do. My opinion of the entire situation surrounding Pathfinder 2e and how Paizo is pretty much abandoning a large part of its fan base who play Pathfinder because they didn't want a new game is indeed relevant.

Second, I am quite sure that you completely miss the irony of your commenting not on the actual conversation itself but rather the validity of another participant's contribution to said conversation is, in of itself, an even better example of vacuousness than that which you seem to be implying I am guilty of.

Third, when trying to sound like, all superior and stuff, you should probably spell check to ensure you don't misspell a simple word like "conversation"...unless that was a play on words, like a portmanteau of (Gola)rion and conversa(tion) in which case...nah, never mind. No way you're that witty.

Finally, in case my tone for this comment doesn't translate well into Arrogantdickish,

Funny shirt, not the place to post it.

While we’re at it, it’s fine to disagree here, just don’t be disagreeable while doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtillman

Explorer
Oh noes! The comment police!!!

Well, first of all, yes. Yes, I do. My opinion of the entire situation surrounding Pathfinder 2e and how Paizo is pretty much abandoning a large part of its fan base who play Pathfinder because they didn't want a new game is indeed relevant.

Second, I am quite sure that you completely miss the irony of your commenting not on the actual conversation itself but rather the validity of another participant's contribution to said conversation is, in of itself, an even better example of vacuousness than that which you seem to be implying I am guilty of.

Third, when trying to sound like, all superior and stuff, you should probably spell check to ensure you don't misspell a simple word like "conversation"...unless that was a play on words, like a portmanteau of (Gola)rion and conversa(tion) in which case...nah, never mind. No way you're that witty.

Finally, in case my tone for this comment doesn't translate well into Arrogantdickish,

I thought not but thank you for confirming my belief, it's a weight off my shoulders. But you make one valid point, my post did not add to the conversation , my thoughts on this thread is that I like the glimpses that we have seen but prefer larger more complete information. I am curious about the changes from beta to final product and on how many more character options we will see in the 1st year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases