• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Son

takyris

First Post
Crothian said:
Congratulations!! When does he get his first set of dice?

The Dude (the Lil' Bud's older brother) got his first set of dice from my gaming group a few days after being born. For the Little Bud, I figure we'll just get him a really nice d20, since I figure he'll be into True20 and M&M. :)

Hype, you're gonna make my wife kill me...

takyris said:
Thanks, guys. :)

Olaf, are you doing a home birth as well? I have no idea how common that is in Australia. Regardless, good luck, and remember to project calm reassurance, even if you're lying through your teeth as you do it! :)

No, were going to the hospital for ours. The hospital is one of the smaller ones in Adelaide. It's in the very outer suburbs and has a much more country hospital feel to it. I don't think they'll be as "rush, rush" as it sounds like your first birth was.

As for how common home births are in Australia, I'm not too sure (I'm far from the baby expert although I have read one book called "So You're Going To Be A Dad!"). They do occur in Australia but I don't know how often. Water births also occur in Australia, but once again, I don't know how often. :eek:

Olaf the Stout

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Great story and great job! My birth took longer and it sounds like my midwife didn't have as far to go, which is lucky since it was the first birth hubby had ever witnessed and I don't think he would have been up to your level of "involvement". ;)

(surprised the midwife sprung the lotus birth thing on you like that. Seems like the sort of thing to talk about beforehand if she's into it. :confused: )

edit : hey, where's the placenta card? :p

Last edited:

Huw said:
Congratulations! Our firstborn took 83 hours to come out :(

Don't they normally induce the mother to bring on the labour or perform a c-section well before then? I thought that if labour goes on too long it can be dangerous for the mother or baby?

Having said that, I am far from a pregnancy expert. Also a lady my wife works with just had a baby last week and the labour was 41 hours long.

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads