mystery race : what would you hate the most ?

What would be the worst choice ?

• Catfolk (or other furry)

Votes: 90 24.3%
  • Drow

Votes: 88 23.7%
  • Warforged

Votes: 44 11.9%
  • Draconic guys

Votes: 37 10.0%
  • Minotaurs

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Half-vampire or such

Votes: 105 28.3%

Aloïsius

First Post
So, let see what WotC will NOT do !

We assume that all races are balanced anyway, so this is about the flavor you dislike the most for a PC race.

This poll is somewhat short, because I pick what seemed the more frequent target of apprehension.

Last edited:

Cyronax

Explorer
I said drow, but half-vampires would be bad too.

Basically I want to keep angsty races out of the PHB. I had enough players who used 'troubled' powergamed characters to work out personal issues to last a life time.

But tieflings are in the 4E PHB right? If they are that's a possible race of angst in and of itself.

C.I.D.

vagabundo

Adventurer
As DM whatever race I dont like gets the ax anyway, so I'm not too pushed, but I have always hated animal people like catpeople, dogpeople. Although I like the classical races, Minotaurs, centaurs, saytr...

Maybe the furry races just dont have enough personality for me.

Cbas_10

First Post
Where is the "All of the Above" option on the poll?

Minotaur might be an okay PC race...but they'd have to be watered-down versions of minotaurs to be able to be on par with other base races at 1st level. Drow have become such a cliche that I cannot take them seriously at all (we get it: "Oooo, most of my people are evil....i live underground....i get to play a role-reversal spawned by the guilt of aeons of sexist domination of women in society").

I really don't see anything aside from Warforged happening. That setting will continue to be such a staple of D&D...I can't imagine that they would exclude the warforged from the base game material.

Aloïsius

First Post
Cbas_10 said:
Minotaur might be an okay PC race...but they'd have to be watered-down versions of minotaurs to be able to be on par with other base races at 1st level.
I will edit my post to say that we assume all race are OK, mechanicaly-speaking. It's about the flavor, not the power level.

Kvantum

First Post
Tieflings already fill the angsty race quota. My money is on changelings, which I really dislike.

Warforged would actually be ok in my book. One of the good ideas from Eberron, if way overused.

Lord Xtheth

First Post
Furrys

I say no to animal-humanoids. The second we see a catfolk is the same second that every wanabe DM ever makes a Cat-girl-Sex-symbol-super-NPC

Down with Furrys....

At least until the reprint of BoEF comes out ;)

Remove ads