• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

mystery race : what would you hate the most ?

What would be the worst choice ?

• Catfolk (or other furry)

Votes: 90 24.3%
  • Drow

Votes: 88 23.7%
  • Warforged

Votes: 44 11.9%
  • Draconic guys

Votes: 37 10.0%
  • Minotaurs

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Half-vampire or such

Votes: 105 28.3%

Aloïsius

First Post
So, let see what WotC will NOT do !

We assume that all races are balanced anyway, so this is about the flavor you dislike the most for a PC race.

This poll is somewhat short, because I pick what seemed the more frequent target of apprehension.

Last edited:

Cyronax

Explorer
I said drow, but half-vampires would be bad too.

Basically I want to keep angsty races out of the PHB. I had enough players who used 'troubled' powergamed characters to work out personal issues to last a life time.

But tieflings are in the 4E PHB right? If they are that's a possible race of angst in and of itself.

C.I.D.

vagabundo

Adventurer
As DM whatever race I dont like gets the ax anyway, so I'm not too pushed, but I have always hated animal people like catpeople, dogpeople. Although I like the classical races, Minotaurs, centaurs, saytr...

Maybe the furry races just dont have enough personality for me.

Cbas_10

First Post
Where is the "All of the Above" option on the poll?

Minotaur might be an okay PC race...but they'd have to be watered-down versions of minotaurs to be able to be on par with other base races at 1st level. Drow have become such a cliche that I cannot take them seriously at all (we get it: "Oooo, most of my people are evil....i live underground....i get to play a role-reversal spawned by the guilt of aeons of sexist domination of women in society").

I really don't see anything aside from Warforged happening. That setting will continue to be such a staple of D&D...I can't imagine that they would exclude the warforged from the base game material.

Aloïsius

First Post
Cbas_10 said:
Minotaur might be an okay PC race...but they'd have to be watered-down versions of minotaurs to be able to be on par with other base races at 1st level.
I will edit my post to say that we assume all race are OK, mechanicaly-speaking. It's about the flavor, not the power level.

Kvantum

First Post
Tieflings already fill the angsty race quota. My money is on changelings, which I really dislike.

Warforged would actually be ok in my book. One of the good ideas from Eberron, if way overused.

Lord Xtheth

First Post
Furrys

I say no to animal-humanoids. The second we see a catfolk is the same second that every wanabe DM ever makes a Cat-girl-Sex-symbol-super-NPC

Down with Furrys....

At least until the reprint of BoEF comes out ;)

Remove ads