D&D 5E Mythic Odysseys of Theros Now Has a Description (& Pre-orders) [UPDATED]

You can now pre-order Mythic Odysseys of Theros, which also now has a description on Amazon, a much clearer cover image, and a changed release date to June 2nd. The book cover and title was revealed by Penguin Random House on Friday, but this is a much clearer look at the book.

You can now pre-order Mythic Odysseys of Theros, which also now has a description on Amazon, a much clearer cover image, and a changed release date to June 2nd. The book cover and title was revealed by Penguin Random House on Friday, but this is a much clearer look at the book.

UPDATE -- now showing on WotC's website, along with the alternate cover.

81o3KXR2PtL.jpg

Clash with the gods of Theros in this campaign sourcebook for the world's great roleplaying game.

Play DUNGEONS & DRAGONS in the MAGIC: THE GATHERING world of Theros—a realm shaped by the wrath of gods and the deeds of heroes, where champions vie for immortal favor and a place among legends.
• Rise above the common throng with SUPERNATURAL GIFTS, abilities that give you remarkable powers that set you on the path to legend.
• Explore Theros as a SATYR or LEONIN—mythic cat-like heroes from Magic: The Gathering. Mythic Odysseys of Theros introduces these races to fifth edition D&D for the first time.
• Master new powers with Magic: The Gathering-inspired SUBCLASSES like the Bard’s College of Eloquence and the Paladin’s Oath of Heroism.
• Encounter MYTHIC MONSTERS, creatures whose power and renown are such that their names are truly living myths.
• Wield the weapons of the gods—five signature artifacts used by Theros's deities.
• Created in 1974, D&D transformed gaming culture by blending traditional fantasy with miniatures and wargaming. Fifth edition D&D draws from every prior edition to create a universally compelling play experience.

slobster

Hero
Also the idea of "Mythic Threats" make me hope they bring back templating from 3rd ed in some fashion.
I'm hoping for some take on creature templates as well as a further step towards the Elite/Legendary monsters from 4E. Lair actions are great and I use them all the time, but I'd like 5E to push that concept even further in the pursuit of real centerpiece fights, and that sounds exactly like what they are describing.

Remove ads

Remove ads