D&D 5E Mythic Odysseys of Theros Now Has a Description (& Pre-orders) [UPDATED]

You can now pre-order Mythic Odysseys of Theros, which also now has a description on Amazon, a much clearer cover image, and a changed release date to June 2nd. The book cover and title was revealed by Penguin Random House on Friday, but this is a much clearer look at the book.

UPDATE -- now showing on WotC's website, along with the alternate cover.

81o3KXR2PtL.jpg

Clash with the gods of Theros in this campaign sourcebook for the world's great roleplaying game.

Play DUNGEONS & DRAGONS in the MAGIC: THE GATHERING world of Theros—a realm shaped by the wrath of gods and the deeds of heroes, where champions vie for immortal favor and a place among legends.
• Rise above the common throng with SUPERNATURAL GIFTS, abilities that give you remarkable powers that set you on the path to legend.
• Explore Theros as a SATYR or LEONIN—mythic cat-like heroes from Magic: The Gathering. Mythic Odysseys of Theros introduces these races to fifth edition D&D for the first time.
• Master new powers with Magic: The Gathering-inspired SUBCLASSES like the Bard’s College of Eloquence and the Paladin’s Oath of Heroism.
• Encounter MYTHIC MONSTERS, creatures whose power and renown are such that their names are truly living myths.
• Wield the weapons of the gods—five signature artifacts used by Theros's deities.
• Created in 1974, D&D transformed gaming culture by blending traditional fantasy with miniatures and wargaming. Fifth edition D&D draws from every prior edition to create a universally compelling play experience.

Last edited:

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
It will be interesting to see how well it does in preorders to see if magic players order it. Mercer’s book is at 246 now after that initial surge...PHB was 33 yesterday, 51 today on amazon book sales...which is amazing almost 6 years later.

dave2008

Legend
It will be interesting to see how well it does in preorders to see if magic players order it. Mercer’s book is at 246 now after that initial surge...PHB was 33 yesterday, 51 today on amazon book sales...which is amazing almost 6 years later.
Without an official announcement it is at the 2257 in books and & 19 in D&D, I'm guessing it will do well once the marketing really kicks in.

EDIT: Up to 1744 in books and 15 in D&D now.

Last edited:

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
The black border reminds me of late 2e products (some call it 2.5).

I understood why Ravnica was chosen over Dominaria, but Theros? Its NPCs and artifacts aren't the most iconic. If I'm a MtG fan qui wants to see MtG inspired D&D products, I'm not looking for Greek mythology flavored D&D.

dave2008

Legend
The black border reminds me of late 2e products (some call it 2.5).

I understood why Ravnica was chosen over Dominaria, but Theros? Its NPCs and artifacts aren't the most iconic.
The border is just the image, not the book. I don't play MtG, but this by far the most interesting setting to me, because of its Greek Mythology similarity.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Without an official announcement it is at the 2257 in books and & 19 in D&D, I'm guessing it will do well once the marketing really kicks in.
As a reminder, Wildemount went to #1 in all books based on the leaked pre-order page before WotC ever said a word about it.

To compare like-for-like we need to look at how well Theros does before WotC says anything.

Only two new races?

* Do you think Theros could be the first step for a d20 superhero version of the League of the Just Avengers? Of course some characters should be nerfed to avoid that ridiculous overpowering.

* Today Hyrboria is public domain, isn't it? We wouldn't need the characters but the Hyborian nations and factions.

As a reminder, Wildemount went to #1 in all books based on the leaked pre-order page before WotC ever said a word about it.

To compare like-for-like we need to look at how well Theros does before WotC says anything.
Critical Role Fandom >> MtG fandom

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases