N.E.W. Character Creation Book [Feb 2015]

I have just uploaded N.E.W. Character Creation Book [Feb 2015] to the downloads area. This 73-page playtest book details character creation in N.E.W., including species, careers, exploits, and equipment. Careers have undergone an extensive overhaul, and all the latest changes and updates have been applied, including to derived statistics. The equipment section is a trimmed section designed for starter characters; it doesn't include drugs, cybernetics, vehicles, upgrades, or customizations from previous documents. You can find the file here in the downloads section.

I have just uploaded N.E.W. Character Creation Book [Feb 2015] to the downloads area. This 73-page playtest book details character creation in N.E.W., including species, careers, exploits, and equipment. Careers have undergone an extensive overhaul, and all the latest changes and updates have been applied, including to derived statistics. The equipment section is a trimmed section designed for starter characters; it doesn't include drugs, cybernetics, vehicles, upgrades, or customizations from previous documents. You can find the file here in the downloads section.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For those with previous playtest documents, here's a brief changelog:

1) Money attribute is now gone. Folded into REP.
2) Dice pool limit = career grades (think you already had that one).
3) Attributes start at 3 not 2.
4) Career exploits no longer ascend; you can choose any of them.
5) Defensive skills always allowed although not listed in each career. Defensive skills are now vital to the DEFENSE score.
6) Descriptor has changed.
7) Careers choose 2 skills at each grade, not 1.
8) All careers have strictly 4 attribute point increases.
9) Career prereqs can now only be skills (except race specific ones).
10) SPEED has changed.
11) DEFENSE is vastly different.
12) Age has changed.

Halivar

First Post
Hey Morrus! I notice origins and careers add to REP. Where will REP go on the final character sheet and worksheet? Currently it's on neither. Will it go with the other attributes?

EDIT: And if so, does it start at 3 like other attributes?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yes, just treat REP exactly like the other attributes! Right now, REP is used for generating starting money, but it has other effects in-play (income, recognition, rank in certain settings, etc.)

Halivar

First Post
FYI, the "Navy Tour" career has no attribute adjustments. Was that intended, or a typo? It's the only one like that.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Redownload it! I spotted that myself a while back. Took the opportunity to slip some extra bits in there too.

User_Undefined

First Post
This character creation says to pick an origin and then four others, but the generic WOIN pdf says to pick an origin and then five more. I'm assuming a standard character should start with five total grades. Just something I noticed.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads