Named demons

rounser

First Post
Lolth
Urdlen
Lillianth (marilith from the Night Below)
Janelle (alu-fiend from the Night Below)
Villiane (alu-fiend from the Night Below)
Lynnara (succubus from the Night Below)

rounser

First Post
if Bob the Balor appeared in an issue of Dragon
Ebonbane, a nalfeshnee demon trapped in a sword in the Dungeon adventure "Bane of the Shadowborn." Ravenloft darklord, originates from the Great Kingdom in Greyhawk, apparently:
Ok actually Ebonbane is already trapped in the sword when he kills Lady Shadowborn. Alexi destroys the sword and takes ebonbane into his own body due to the nature of the lode paladin and so instead of being imprisoned in the sword the darklord is now imprisoned in Alexi! by the way, there was additional fiction on this in one of the kargatane book of S_'s. It was a great pic of work in my opinion. Does anyone know if it counts as canon with SS. I think it is a great premise.

Ebonbane is a demon from the lower planes (A Balor I think) and he was summoned to the Great Kingdom. Now we don't know anything about this Kingdom. I don't think it's from Krynn though, I think that like Barovia it's just a nameless prime material world from which the Mists drew Darklords. Three darklords come from the Great Kingdom: Ebonbane (Shadowborn Manor), Morgoroth (spelling???) (Avonleigh) and Elena Faith-Hold (Nidala)
Mortavius
12-02-03, 02:10 PM
Ebonbane is revealed in Shadowborn to be a Nalfneshnee, actually.

Pinotage

Explorer
Here's a few lords and princes:

Name CR Source
Demon Lord, Turaglas 30 Dragon#312
Demon Lord, Aldinach 20 Necropolis
Demon Lord, Baphomet 25 Tome of Horrors 1, Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, 1E Monster Manual 2
Demon Lord, Gatekeeper 27 Ultimate Monsters 1
Demon Lord, Gholl 21 Necropolis
Demon Lord, Iyaviht 27 Ultimate Monsters 1
Demon Lord, Jubilex 28 Tome of Horrors 1, Book of Vile Darkness, 1E Monster Manual 1
Demon Lord, Kostchtchie 26 Tome of Horrors 1, Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, 1E Monster Manual 2
Demon Prince, Abaddon - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Abraxas - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Anarazel - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Astaroth - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Azazel - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Azidahaka - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Behemoth - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Dagon 30 Tome of Horrors 1
Demon Prince, Decarabia - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Demogorgon 30 Book of Vile Darkness, 1E Monster Manual 1, Immortals Boxed Set
Demon Prince, Eligor - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Flauros - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Fraz-Urb'Luu 30 Tome of Horrors 1, Dragon#333, Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, 1E Monster Manual 2
Demon Prince, Gamigin - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Graz'zt 24 Book of Vile Darkness, 1E Monster Manual 2, Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
Demon Prince, Haagenti - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Ipos - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Marbas - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Nocticula - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Orcus 28 Tome of Horrors 1, Book of Vile Darkness, Dungeon#89, Eldritch Wizardry, 1E Monster Manual 1, Rappan Athuk 3, Immortals Boxed Set
Demon Prince, Pazuzu 29 Dragon#329, Tome of Horrors 1, 1E Monster Manual 2
Demon Prince, Raum - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Sabnach - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Seere - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Shax - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Socothbenoth - Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Vepar 21 Tome of Horrors 2, Armies of the Abyss
Demon Prince, Yeenoghu 22 Book of Vile Darkness, 1E Monster Manual 1

Pinotage

Voadam

Legend
MM 1e has a bunch of references to individual demon and devil names in the entries, many of the devils come straight from Dante I believe so they are Italian names.

diaglo

Adventurer
Tenser.... ;) from one of those piece of junk 2edADnD rewrites of Greyhawk canon... what is commonly referred to as Greyhack.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
maybe if i'd actually had any prepared examples of what i was looking for... :) well, actually, not too bad so far. here are the sorts of things i'm looking for:

rounser said:
Aha, thought of an obscure one:
Lashan

Ex-ruler of scardale got turned into a lemure, IIRC.

Lillianth (marilith from the Night Below)
Janelle (alu-fiend from the Night Below)
Villiane (alu-fiend from the Night Below)
Lynnara (succubus from the Night Below)

Ebonbane, a nalfeshnee demon trapped in a sword in the Dungeon adventure "Bane of the Shadowborn." Ravenloft darklord, originates from the Great Kingdom in Greyhawk, apparently:

Garnfellow

Explorer
BOZ said:
maybe if i'd actually had any prepared examples of what i was looking for... :) well, actually, not too bad so far. here are the sorts of things i'm looking for:

You know, this would be an awesome project for a wiki. How hard would it be to get one set up ?

Voadam

Legend
diaglo said:
Tenser.... ;) from one of those piece of junk 2edADnD rewrites of Greyhawk canon... what is commonly referred to as Greyhack.

He was a dretch, right?

I think there was a nalfeshnee in there as well who used to be a name in Greyhawk (one of the artefacts in the 1e DMG had his name).

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Garnfellow said:
You know, this would be an awesome project for a wiki. How hard would it be to get one set up ?

not very. :) most of the major demon lords are on wikipedia already, and i recently added very brief versions of Kostchtchie and Fraz-urb'luu (feel free to add some details).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases