Named demons

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Voadam said:
The Nalfeshnee was Tuerny of Tuerny's Iron Flask IIRC. Unfortunately I just skimmed it in the Barnes and Noble at the time and did not get it so I can't check.

You're correct. Tuerny the Merciless (of the Iron Flask of Tuerny the Merciless) appeared in he adventure Return of the Eight as a stronger-than-average nalfeshnee.

Aaron L

Hero
WEll, I dont know of this will help, but names from the back of the 1E DM
g for demon types (maybe you could make them unique-ish balors and such?)

type IV: Bilwhr, Johud, Nalfeshnee (of course)

type V: Aishapra, Kevokulli, Rehnaremme, Marilith (of course)

type VI: Alzoll, Errtu (where Salvatore got it from), Ndulu, Ter-Soth, Wendonai, Balor (of course)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Alzrius said:
You're correct. Tuerny the Merciless (of the Iron Flask of Tuerny the Merciless) appeared in he adventure Return of the Eight as a stronger-than-average nalfeshnee.

cool! did not realize he was a demon. i fully expect to see him get a mention in FC1 in that case. or else. ;)

Immak Antunel

First Post
Sinmaker hasn't shown here up yet, has he? Glabrezu poisoner in MotP?

EDIT: also, Tapheon, a Nalfeshnee and the current wielder of the icky-tongue-rod in the Fortress of Indifference. Also, the BoVD has a whole mess of advanced demons of various types as minions of the archfiends.

Dark Jezter

First Post
In R.A. Salvatore's Cleric Quintet, there is an imp named Druzil. Yes, I know that Imps are technically devils and not demons, but in the books he is described as a demon. :)

Knight Otu

First Post
So, stuff like this?

Jot, Quasit - Sunless Citadel (a run of the mill quasit, I believe)
Idalla, Succubus - Forge of Fury (a run of the mill succubus, I believe)
The Cuckoo, Vrock Bard - Standing Stone (presumably referenced again in Heart of Nightfang Spire)
Rhunad, Vrock - Heart of Nightfang Spire (a run of the mill vrock)
Ammet, Half-Dragon Balor - Bastion of Broken Souls (the original was advanced to 19 HD. It is unclear if it should be advanced in 3.5 rules, but presumably not; was bound as Ashardalon's heart; Has a three-strand artifact whip named Helltongue; called Eater of Souls)
(Ashardalon, Half-Fiend Great Red Wyrm - Bastion of Broken Souls; bound Ammet as his heart)
The Cathezar, Half-Chain Devil/Half-Marilith - Bastion of Broken Souls (originally a servant of Demogorgon/Aameul; depending on events, she may be either dead or serve Ammet now)
Buphalthus, Balor - Bastion of Broken Souls (has 2/day Implosion SLA instead of fire storm)
Tamion, Balor - Bastion of Broken Souls (Wields a +3 vorpal unholy greatsword; also has a cloak of resistance +4 and a belt of giant strength +6)

I didn't doublecheck most stats, so some of the run-of-the-mill creatures might not be.

ericlboyd

Explorer
GrayLinnorm said:
Type VI: (Alzoll, Balor, Errtu, Ndulu [also mentioned in "Treasure Trove", Dragon #91, in the entry for Demonbane], Ter-soth, Wendonai). The 1e Monster Manual says "Balor is a Type VI Demon of largest size".

So other than "Balor", I believe four of the other five have been incorporated into the Forgotten Realms.

Alzoll ... Alzoll has not yet appeared in the Realms, IIRC.
Errtu ... Errtu first appears in "The Crystal Shard", reappears in a later novel, possibly "Passage to Dawn".
Ndulu ... Ndulu first appears in Dragon #91, a write-up that is reprinted in FR4 - The Magister. He is mentioned in Sea of Fallen Stars and flushed out more (including parenthetical stats) in Champions of Ruin under write-up of Eltab.
Ter-soth ...Ter-Soth first appears in H4 - The Throne of Bloodstone, page 47
Wendonai ... Wendonai is detailed in Lost Empires of Faerun, pages 52, 54-55.

Other balors of the Realms:

Glyphimor -- appears in H4 - Throne of Bloodstone
Grintharke -- appears in I12- Egg of the Phoenix and brought into the Realms in FR5 - The Savage Frontier. Killed off in Hellgate Keep and The North backstory.

Remove ads