Named demons

Knight Otu

First Post
Book of Vile Darkness
Yattara, Succubus Rogue (Servant of Graz'zt)
Unhath and Reluhantis, Marilith Sorcerers (Servants of Graz'zt)
Severik, Balor Fighter (Servant of Demogorgon)
Ykkandri, possessor glabrezu ('currently' possessing Enesstrere, ancient blue dragon)

I skimmed a few sections (mostly magic, lords of hell and monsters), so there might be a few more named demons that don't happen to be demon lords.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
ericlboyd said:
Errtu ... Errtu first appears in "The Crystal Shard", reappears in a later novel, possibly "Passage to Dawn".

Yep, that was it.

Glyphimor -- appears in H4 - Throne of Bloodstone

Glyphimor is now only a shadow of his former self; see Dead Gods.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Blackhelm was a babau demon with a cursed helmet on (from which he took his name) in Reverse Dungeon (2E). He had recently escaped from the Demiplane of Worms.

EDIT: That product had at least one more demon in it, or so I thought. My copy is in my attic, so can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

James Jacobs

Adventurer
We've already pretty much worked out how Kyuss turned into what he is and where he's been hiding out for the past 2,000 years. In fact, issue #131 pretty much lays out most of the gory details. And at this point, a Demiplane of Worms doesn't figure in to the Kyuss myth cycle.

Now, that doesn't mean it won't ever be mentioned in Age of Worms, of course. And those green worms DID have to come from somewhere...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Searched through the Forgotten Realms resources FR1-FR16 for references to specific demons (some of this may have been mentioned already, but I don't care!) ;)

FR4 The Magister: page 57, the sword Demonbane was used to cause Ndulu to flee from the Material plane.

FR5 The Savage Frontier page 8, 42, 59, and 63; Grintharke the balor was the ruler of Hellgate Keep (at the time FR5 was written).

page 54, according to legend, the hero Beorunna destroyed the nalfeshnee Zukothoth by collapsing a cavern on both of them.

FR7 Hall of Heroes page 18 and 78 features The Earth Spider, listed as a powerful demon.

I found surprisingly few such references!

Remove ads