Named demons

Shemeska

Adventurer
Cthulhudrew said:
Hmm... maybe Mr. Mona and Mr. Jacob will address this somehow in the Fiendish Codex?

It probably doesn't really need to be.

I mean, it's been what? Twenty years or so since that was the case, and what were originally a select few unique beings have been instead the names for a subtype/caste of fiends. It's been like that for two entire editions of the game, so at least in my opinion it really doesn't need to be revisited. Erik and James might feel otherwise, but it's pretty minor of a thing that has been solidly written out of existance, or clarified depending on how you wanted to look at it.

Steve Jung

Explorer
War of the Spider Queen series
Aliisza: female Alu-demon
Jeggred: male Draegloth
Kaanyr Vhok: male Cambion

War of the Spider Queen Book V: Annihilation
Raashub: male Uridezu
Belshazu: male Glabrezu

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shemeska said:
I mean, it's been what? Twenty years or so since that was the case

less than 15 actually, but yes the point is that the change was made some time ago and it is now so ingrained in D&D that it would be madness to remove it. ;) if'n i were working on this book, and i wished to address this issue, i would say something to the effect of:

"millennia ago, balors, mariliths, and nalfeshnee were not known by those names. in reality, three demons, named Balor, Marilith, and Nalfeshnee respectively, became such exemplars of what it meant to be each of these types of demons, that the types were renamed after them."

and leave it at that. a paragraph maximum.

Baramay

First Post
I did not see anyone mention the "Fiend-Sage" of Rel Astra in LGG

Boz I would like to see you update the "Fiend-Sage" in creature catalog

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Baramay said:
I did not see anyone mention the "Fiend-Sage" of Rel Astra in LGG

Boz I would like to see you update the "Fiend-Sage" in creature catalog

eh? not sure who you're referring to there.

Remove ads