Named demons

The Fiend-Sage of Rel Astra originally appeared in Ivid the Undying. The Fiend-Sage is the molydeus advisor to Drax, ruler of Rel Astra in the World of Greyhawk. It is known for dressing in mortal finery, and it is a brilliant scholar.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
well, we have already converted the molydeus, so if you want an NPC like that, you can take our conversion and add anything necessary to it. :)

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Dragon Claw (whose real name is, IIRC, Lung Jua) was described as a demon lord, although not a tanar'ri, in the 2E FR adventure Mad Monkey vs Dragon Claw.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Tarnhem, a balor, is in Return to the Tomb of Horrors. I don't think any of the other tanar'ri there are named, however. Tarnhem is the father of Acererak, and his layer of the Abyss is covered in the 3E Manual of the Planes.

Now that I think about it, Acererak is a cambion himself (in addition to being a demilich), which means he'd be a demon too! :eek:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Fall-From-Grace, a redeemed succubus (IIRC she's CN), is from the Planescape: Torment computer game. She also appears in the Torment novel, and has her stats given in Dragon #264.

Also, A balor named Raachaak, and three vrocks named Shaakat, Rejik, and Morbaat appear in The Paladins, by James M. Ward and Davis Wise, book two of the Forgotten Realms's infamous Double Diamond Triangle Saga. The three vrocks are all dead by the end of the book, but I don't recall offhand whether or not Raachaak appears in the later novels, or what happens to him.

Last edited:

Alzrius said:
Fall-From-Grace, a redeemed succubus (IIRC she's CN), is from the Planescape: Torment computer game. She also appears in the Torment novel, and has her stats given in Dragon #264.

Although in the game she had cleric levels, and in Dragon she's just a succubus. There are a lot of differences between the Dragon stats and the stats that ended up in the final version of the game (Ravel is a standard hag in Dragon, where she was a frighteningly potent sorceress in Torment).

She's actually lawful neutral, nearly as far from normal succubi as she can get.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Shami-Amourae is a succubus demigoddess who appears in Dungeon #5, "The Stolen Power." She's one of the oldest succubi in existence (IIRC) and was raised to demigodhood by Demogorgon, and serves as one of his vassals.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Grover Cleaveland said:
Although in the game she had cleric levels, and in Dragon she's just a succubus.

Did they say who she was a cleric of?

There are a lot of differences between the Dragon stats and the stats that ended up in the final version of the game (Ravel is a standard hag in Dragon, where she was a frighteningly potent sorceress in Torment).

Did the game give us any idea about what level Ravel might be?

She's actually lawful neutral, nearly as far from normal succubi as she can get.

Whoops! Well, at least I got the moral component right.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Alzrius said:
Did they say who she was a cleric of?

No patron diety, she was a godless cleric. I don't recall what abstract concept she was devoted to though.

Did the game give us any idea about what level Ravel might be?

Obscene? Something high if you go by the flavor surrounding her and what all she seemed capable of. Not Cegilune perhaps, but impressive.

Remove ads