Names of three organizations

Chimera

First Post
1> The Wardens of the Marches. A Hobbit (Halfling) organization for this IMC is called "The Bounders". The Outland Watch.

2> The Illuminati. Or The Illuminated Ones. I also like Cognoscenti (thanks Asmar), The Shadow Coven (vis Darthjaye) and The Collegium (vis Turanil).

3> The Order of the Concordant, a slight twist on Knight Otu's suggestion.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
1. Knights of the Unicorn. The Green Circle. The Seekers. Order of the Bow.
2. The Brotherhood of Sares (A former wizard-king they wish to emulate). The Order of the Oath (publicly they are an organization dedicated to public order, a bland little band kind of like some old lodges here on Earth; they have a feast every month and are generally looked on as a means of getting some old guys together to oggle elven girls, get drunk, and have a big dinner. That's what they want people to think....)
3. The Iron Gauntlet. Order of the Arrow. (All the knights carry iron-tipped arrows).

Gilladian

Adventurer
Wow, thanks everyone.

1.I really liked the Greenguard, but since my kingdom is named Greenvale, and the army is called "The Guard", that was too similar. So I'll be going with "Greenwardens".

2.I think I'll go with the League of Silence, and their innermost cabal is known as "the chamber". But to outsiders, they're known in various places as various innocuous names that mislead as to their goals.

3. I still haven't decided. This group is the most nebulous in my mind, so I'm having trouble with their name and that of their god. I just have this real problem with making evil groups (I literally cannot understand how people can believe in evil causes myself, which makes run ning them HARD)

Nyaricus

First Post
Gilladian said:
Wow, thanks everyone.

1.I really liked the Greenguard, but since my kingdom is named Greenvale, and the army is called "The Guard", that was too similar. So I'll be going with "Greenwardens".

2.I think I'll go with the League of Silence, and their innermost cabal is known as "the chamber". But to outsiders, they're known in various places as various innocuous names that mislead as to their goals.

3. I still haven't decided. This group is the most nebulous in my mind, so I'm having trouble with their name and that of their god. I just have this real problem with making evil groups (I literally cannot understand how people can believe in evil causes myself, which makes run ning them HARD)
Cool, so I'm 2 for 3 :D

I find it particularily funny that 'Green Guard' is already partially used by you in both the country in question and it's army. :lol: Too ironic :p

As for 3, I didn't realise you intended it to be an evil group... hmmm, lemme think here, adn crack open my trusty thesaurus ;)

The Imperious Order of Fey-Smiters, The Saviours of Law, The Guardians of Virtue Resolute. Hmmm, I dunno if those are any better; hope they help, in any case :)

Oh, and the name 'The Order of Order' just popped into my head and which probably seems WAY funnier to me at 4 in the bloody morning :lol:

Gilladian

Adventurer
Yep, you're the winner!

You made me laugh, anyway.

I figure any group that hunts and kills fey just because they're chaotic is evil. And the area of the campaign world where they will be based is mostly evil as well - they hate and fear arcane magic and the fey are a large reason for that fear. So the knights of this order hunt the fey to protect the evil rulers of that kingdom (Not Greenvale, another place).

arscott

First Post
after I read your first post, I was gonna suggest Guardians of the Green. you people have to stop stealing my Ideas before I have them.

Shadowpact for the mage types, but it looks like you've already got a name for them too.

As for the fey smiters...

Why not combine the Concordant theme with the Iron theme and call them the Iron Concord?

And P.S. If people count as evil just for trying to kill fey, your fey aren't scary enough. :p

Remove ads