• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Nations and Cannons: The American Crisis for DND 5E

Mad_Jack

Legend
That looks interesting... I wonder if their version of the ranger might be useful for folks who want a non-casting ranger in their regular games.
I've been wanting to run a Revolutionary-Era campaign since I read D.B. Jackson's Thieftaker series about a sorcerer working as a freelance thieftaker in just-barely pre-Revolutionary Boston.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Anyone remember Septrionalis Northern Crown that was released in 2005 by Atlas Games, I wonder how compatible the content would be.

And any of the Atlas crew still here?

Last edited:

Do remember the Spanish help was totally indispensable in the indepence war, and Spanish explored arrived before in too many zones of the current USA.

WotC: Because of the controversial nature of the setting, we simply can't release Dark Sun in today's market and remain true to the original.

Flagbearer Games: Hold my tea.
Hardly. It looks to have a very modern spin/view on things.

Hopefully they stick to some historical truths ( Forex that the noble British where blocking the colonists from passing over the Appalachians and so protecting the indigenous people there.

GuyBoy

Hero
Back in my graduate school days, I got into a rather heated debate with a British subject about whether or not the American Revolution was justified. His opinion was that the American colonist should have remained under the boot of the tyrannical King George and his Parliament of Funk, and I expressed my patroitic opinion by throwing his tea in the nearest body of water.
Go ahead and throw that tea!
There were some good people in Britain at that time - notably, Tom Paine and a very young Mary Wollstonecraft - but King George and his government were tyrannical and foolish in equal measure.
The sentiments of the Declaration of Independence , although sadly not applied to all people, were certainly a massive step forward.

MGibster

Legend
Do remember the Spanish help was totally indispensable in the indepence war, and Spanish explored arrived before in too many zones of the current USA.
I can't wait for the sequel game covering the Mexican American War!

Hopefully they stick to some historical truths ( Forex that the noble British where blocking the colonists from passing over the Appalachians and so protecting the indigenous people there.
That's just it, with all the slavery and the genocide from the "good guys" I'm a little surprised this is even a game. But perhaps the most surprising thing about this game's setting is that most Americans find the Revolutionary War to be rather dull. Oh, sure, it's part of our founding myth, but most movies set during the revolution don't do so well. It's not nearly so sexy as our Civil War.

There were some good people in Britain at that time - notably, Tom Paine and a very young Mary Wollstonecraft - but King George and his government were tyrannical and foolish in equal measure.
I kid our British friends. The truth is that the British had some valid points about Americans paying their fair share for the cost of defending the Americas. And given how keen Americans and the British were on resuming trade before the ink was dry on the treaty, a lot of people on both sides didn't harbor too many hard feelings. Still, it wasn't until 1871 that the United States and Great Britain really buried the hatchet, kissed, and made up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads