NC GAME DAY II (Aug 23): Man, was that fun or what?!

Henry

Autoexreginated
Rel - Are you keen on running your game in the morning or afternoon? I'm cool with either one, and unless you have a preference, I'll take the afternoon slot.

For my game - so far, the votes are 2 for Mutants and Masterminds, and 1 for d20 modern, with one "I'll take either." At this point, I'll plan on running the Mutants and Masterminds game, unless public opinion drastically changes. If I don't hear any difference by July 14th, then M&M it'll be!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Henry, I've got no problem running the game in the morning. Of course that does put me at a slight disadvantage in that if I turn Mugnutz the Blue into "Mugnutz the Fine Blue Mist" in my morning game, you might decide on some reciprocity if I'm in your afternoon game. ;)

Speaking of which, I am going to hold off on deciding whether to play in your M&M game for right now. I'm actually anxious to play in one of your games, but I'm not yet sure whether I want to try and tackle learning a new rules set while I'm simultaneously supposed to be "keeping everything under control" (not that I anticipate too many problems there). If your game fills up and I miss my chance, I'll just have to fend for myself.

I would also be interested in hearing about NCSUCM's proposed game.

Anyhow, we'll put my D&D game in the morning and Henry's M&M game in the afternoon and go from there. I'll probably compile all the thread info so far and post NCGDII Schedule 1.0 in the reserved spot above sometime tomorrow.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Sorry I haven't gotten up the scheduling info yet (little though it may be). My AC went out on Tuesday and with the weather like it has been, that became a priority VERY quickly.

It looks like I may have at least one interested party for the Brikwars thing, Jeph. I'll post more on that or he may contact you via e-mail.

He also proposed possibly running a board game session of Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citidel. This is a board game that we have had endless hours of fun with. Anybody interested?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Rel said:
Sorry I haven't gotten up the scheduling info yet (little though it may be). My AC went out on Tuesday and with the weather like it has been, that became a priority VERY quickly.

Been there, done that, paid the repair bill. I've got my itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeky 5000 BTU emergency backup unit if you're in need. ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Thanks for the offer, Henry. Everything is fixed now and we are once again living in cool comfort. The actual repair bill was minimal thanks to our home warranty. But when Game Day rolls around, ask me about "The Great Escape" episode that was required. It wasn't pretty.

If my schedule at work today allows, I'll get the outline of events updated this afternoon.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
The schedule known to this point is now posted in the 2nd post. Please let me know if you spot any errors or inconsistencies.

A few things:

Shemeska, I put your game in the early slot. So far there seems to be no reason that we couldn't move it to the late slot if you like.

If the GM's could let me know how many total players they would prefer in their games, I'll post "open slots" in each one to indicate how many more people they can each accomodate. This will help us in determining if we need more GM's or players, etc.

I need to kick a few players in my group in the butt to get them on here to sign up for stuff. I'll be seeing most of them over the weekend. In addition, I'll contact via e-mail any of the folks from NCGDI that haven't posted here yet. On that note, Henry, could you be a dear and post a link to the last thread (I blew my community supporter cash on fixing my AC ;) ).

I'll also note that I've been trying to keep an eye out while reading the boards for any folks with "NC" or places in the Triangle area in their Location field. I've been pointing them to this thread so they'll know about it. If others would help me do that, I'd appreciate it. Try and be mindful of not annoying anybody though. Why somebody wouldn't want to come and game with a group as cool as us is beyond me, but if it is a poster with several hundred posts in the General forum, they've probably seen the thread and would have posted here if they wanted to be involved. If they have 6 posts and they've all been in the Gamers Seeking Gamers forum, I'd point them here.

Thanks.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I updated the schedule again based on a request to join my game by a friend who isn't registered at ENWorld.

Last edited:

Jon Potter

First Post
Rel said:
9:00-2:00 (first slot)

Rel's Orcz: D&D 3E game
Henry as Mugnutz the Blue
Jon Potter as Honka Thonka
Templetroll as Gouge
NCSU Code Monkey as Gronka Thonka (unless that's a major problem)
Lola (Non ENWorld member and friend of Rel's) as Thag

Honka Thonka am happy! Honka Thonka am smash!

Shemeska's Planescape Game: D&D 3E (as far as I know)
Clueless

Well... I was kinda eying this one as well, but as its running concurrently with Orcz, I guess that's a no go.

I may have a role-playing buddy of old in town that weekend. He's uncommited about the weekend, and likely will be for another few weeks before he can tie up loose ends at work, etc. If he's here then, he wants to come to the game day, if not, however, you all don't need to concern yourselves with him. :D

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Jon Potter said:
Well... I was kinda eying this one as well, but as its running concurrently with Orcz, I guess that's a no go.

I may have a role-playing buddy of old in town that weekend. He's uncommited about the weekend, and likely will be for another few weeks before he can tie up loose ends at work, etc. If he's here then, he wants to come to the game day, if not, however, you all don't need to concern yourselves with him. :D

There is currently no reason that Shemeska's Planescape game can't be moved to the afternoon slot. I'll leave that up to him.

As far as your friend goes, just tell him to keep an eye on the thread in the next few weeks. I'd say there's a decent chance that something will be open at the time he would be able to commit. In the last Game Day, some of the proposed games and players didn't really gel until the last couple weeks before G-Day.

Remove ads