NC GAME DAY II (Aug 23): Man, was that fun or what?!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Henry said:

I'll be driving in on I-40 - Togamario won't be able to make it Friday night (working), so I'm driving straight to the pizza place first. I'll check in with him after we break.

Therefore, the Cinelli's in Raleigh (Six Forks Rd.) sounds best for me, because T. lives in the Northeast sector outside the Beltway, but Cary is not that far outta the way either. Another 20 minutes doesn't really faze me when I've been driving a couple hours anyway. :)

We'll go with the Six Forks Rd. location then. I'd assume that you'll be able to find it with no problems, Henry. But if you get in the area in advance of the proposed meeting time and don't feel like waiting by yourself for the rest of us at Cinelli's, you're welcome to come by my house. I live south of Raleigh, about 10 minutes off I-40 and I can give you directions if you need them.

Yeah, it probably would help to know where we're having this, eh? The Game Day will be held in the Blue Room, which is room 4111 (that's on fourth floor Talley). The easiest way for everyone to get there will probably be the elevators on the ground floor, although there are stairs for the athletically inclined. Rel, that room information would probably look really spiffy on the first page where it will catch everyone's eye ;)

As for the size issue, I'm hoping that it won't be a problem. The woman I spoke with in the reservations office seemed to believe that four tables would be a tight squeeze, however the Talley website claims the blue room can hold 56-70 people with this setup: “Conference Style (6 8-foot tables)”.

So we should be just fine

Matt

Rel

Liquid Awesome
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
As for the size issue, I'm hoping that it won't be a problem. The woman I spoke with in the reservations office seemed to believe that four tables would be a tight squeeze, however the Talley website claims the blue room can hold 56-70 people with this setup: “Conference Style (6 8-foot tables)”.

That seems a bit contradictory, but we'll just roll with it. We're all creative folks and I'm certain we can come up with a solution that works.

I'll go add the Blue Room reference to the schedule post.

Ruined

Explorer
Slight change of my plans. Turns out some people have been planning something for me Saturday night, and I need to go do that. But I've decreed that my morning is sacred, and I have to go play in the Planescape game.

So unfortunately, please take me off the list for Henry's Mutants & Masterminds game. One day, I'll get to play in his game. One day.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
theRuinedOne said:
So unfortunately, please take me off the list for Henry's Mutants & Masterminds game. One day, I'll get to play in his game. One day.

I'll take care of that now. Glad you can still make it for part of the day.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I saw you last week on Thursday afternoon outside the North Hills Office Building on Six Forks Road. Was that you? I'd have stopped to say hi but I was in my truck turning left onto the beltline at the time.

Ruined

Explorer
Yeah man, that was me. My office is located there. In fact [whispers quietly] I'm here right now... [end whisper]

Good eyes, Mr. Rel. You work nearby? We could probably set up lunch or something one day.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
theRuinedOne said:
Yeah man, that was me. My office is located there. In fact [whispers quietly] I'm here right now... [end whisper]

Good eyes, Mr. Rel. You work nearby? We could probably set up lunch or something one day.

*chuckles* It is indeed a small world. I work probably about 1,000 feet from you. I'm in the Six Forks Office Park just on the other side of the beltline. I could literally jog to your office in less than 5 minutes.

Lola and I often go have coffee at the Starbucks just across the street from you. We'll definately have to do lunch sometime soon.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Some more bad news to report - My good buddy Togamario also reports that in addition to not being able to make it to the Friday Get-together, He will also not be able to make it to the Game Day. :( He will likely show up after 6:00 pm, and will be all for getting together for dinner afterwards, but will not be there until then, due to work.

So, I've taken his name off of the roster as well. What this means is that we have up to two open spots!

Come one come all! If you've never played Mutants and Masterminds, or have never played a super-hero RPG before, now's your chance to play the best one ever made! (It says so on the cover! :D)

Lola

First Post
The Raleigh location of Cinelli's is actually called "Ristorante Cinelli" and is right behind the Rock-Ola cafe. It's a little more upscale, so it would probably help for us to have a "try to be there at..." time to shoot for and a vague headcount.

*Edit* Erm, there seems to be something missing from the Raleigh version of the Cinelli's menu... namely, pizza. So I don't know if they serve it there or if it was just a website oversight. Is that going to be a problem if they don't have it, or can we do pasta n' stuff?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases