NC GAME DAY II (Aug 23): Man, was that fun or what?!

Henry

Autoexreginated
The dinner that is the subject of the above poll is for Friday night.

Unless Rel contradicts me, we're still getting together after the Game day Saturday night also, likely at the Rock-Ola Cafe just down the street from the NCSU campus, like we did at the First Game Day.

Quasqueton

First Post
I didn't see it explicitly stated in the opening posts, so I'll ask here just to make sure:

Is this in the same building as last Game Day? I see we're in the Blue Room, of whatever building.

I've just sent my Planescape character sheet to Shemeska. Looking forward to much sneak attack fun. :)

"I'm a skirmisher, not a thief. Dammit."

Quasqueton

Rel said:
I'll try and do a drive by on the Cinelli's in Cary tomorrow afternoon...
Erm...is that like, with a gun or something? Because, I'm pretty sure you can get arrested for stuff like that. ;)

I can ask for utility tables, sure. I had figured that a good portion of most of the single tables would be empty, so I didn't think of such a thing. I'll check with Talley tomorrow.

Quasqueton, the game day will indeed be in the same building, and on the same floor. In fact, I think the blue room is across the hall from where we held it last time.

Matt

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
You'll have your sneak attack fun hopefully :)

However I would like to announce that one of my friends who had a slot, Gabriel, won't be able to come down from Maryland as originally planned, and so I've got a slot left open in the game.

I'll leave the slot open till Saturday morning, but 7 levels of class or ecl race; looking for a wizard, sorcerer, psion, or perhaps druid character, since we've got rogues, fighters, and clerics already handled.

First come, first serve, though I'd prefer someone with at least some knowledge of the Planescape setting or the MotP and not a complete n00b to the system (DnD 3e). *grins* Makes my job easier for getting a hook ready on short notice and for character creation.

Just ask for it here and email me, and I'll send the info on the game and character creation stuff.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
This better work...

Even if I'd had a gun, NCSUCM, the folks at Cinelli's in Cary had nothing to fear, because I couldn't even find the place. I think I found where it is supposed to be because I recognized the building but there was a different restaurant there.

If the boards wind up being down and this is the last message you see then assume that we'll meet at the Applebees at Six Forks Road and Wake Forest Road. I'll be there at 8:00 but feel free to show up sooner if you like.

The alternative, if folks still have a hankering for italian food, would be Erico's Ristorante in Cary at the corner of Kildaire Farm Road and Maynard Road in the same shopping center as Fallen Orc Games. The food is good, the prices are reasonable (they've got pizza too) and I think the atmosphere would suit us.

Tonight is your last chance to chime in on the decision. I'll make a call one way or the other and the "official" result will be posted by morning. Hopefully the boards will cooperate and stay up.

Last edited:

Lola

First Post
I say Applebee's. That way I can take a taxi over and down some Mudslides. But I shouldn't have a problem with anywhere else y'all pick.

Jon Potter

First Post
I vote Applebee's as well.

I can't believe I'm voting mass-market food over a local Italian joint, but Cary is like the Bermuda Triangle to me. I've lived here for 6+ years and still manage to get lost in Cary at least half the time.

Update on the room set-up: I received an e-mail today from the staff of Talley with a diagram of our room layout. I had been worried that the room would not be big enough to support double tables, but I may have been wrong. They are going to play with putting four 5 ft x 6ft tables in the room (that's what we did at the last game day). Assuming it fits without us sitting in our neighbor's lap, we will go with that setup. That means nice, big tables for everyone! :)

Talley rocks.

If the setup is not feasible, and we go with the 8ft tables instead, I'm not sure that there will be room for card-table sized stuff, but TV tray tables would probably be OK.

Matt

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Indeed, Applebees it is.

NCSUCodeMonkey, pleased don't let me forget, assuming that everything goes fine on Saturday, to write a thank you note and commendation to the folks at Talley. It sure seems like they have been very accomadating to all our requests. Especially considering that this is costing us NOTHING, they deserve a big pat on the back.

I'm looking forward to seeing many of you tonight and all of you tomorrow.

I'm not quite sure how many to expect tonight but I'm going to assume somewhere around 8 or so. I think I'll call ahead to Applebees and set us a reservation. That'll be Noah, party of 8 ;) .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases