NC GAME DAY II (Aug 23): Man, was that fun or what?!

Henry

Autoexreginated
Rel, this is something I think we wished we had done in hindsight last time, but could you print out a list of everyone signed up the morning of before you go to game day? That way, it'll be up-to-date, and we'll also have a list of who's supposed to be there.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Henry said:
Rel, this is something I think we wished we had done in hindsight last time, but could you print out a list of everyone signed up the morning of before you go to game day? That way, it'll be up-to-date, and we'll also have a list of who's supposed to be there.

Actually, we had such a list last time and I'm planning on printing out the schedule before I leave work today so we should have it this time too.

Anybody out there willing to bring a DVD player? I'm borrowing a copy of The Gamers, and I could bring a TV. It's only 45 minutes long so it would probably fit in the lunch break (for people who aren't going far to get food). Just a thought :). I don't want to try and cram too much in to one day, but it is a funny flick. Anyway, let me know if you're interested in bringing a player.

Matt

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
Anybody out there willing to bring a DVD player? I'm borrowing a copy of The Gamers, and I could bring a TV. It's only 45 minutes long so it would probably fit in the lunch break (for people who aren't going far to get food). Just a thought :). I don't want to try and cram too much in to one day, but it is a funny flick. Anyway, let me know if you're interested in bringing a player.

Matt

My DVD players is enmeshed in a tangle of wires at the back of my entertainment center. I don't see unpluging it to bring to Game Day, plus I'm lugging a ton of stuff already. But I'd love to see The Gamers. If it doesn't work out to watch it at Game Day maybe we could get together some other time in the near future.

Regarding tonight's gathering at Applebees, I just called them and they DON'T take reservations. I was also advised that they tend to be pretty busy on Friday nights around 8:00. The bartender (which is who I spoke with) advised somebody to get there a bit early (15-20 minutes) to reserve us a spot. I'm probably not going to be able to swing that so if somebody else wants to take point on this one, I'd appreciate it.

If that doesn't work out then we'll just have to mill around outside and talk with each other for 20 minutes while they get us a table ready. Hardly the end of the world.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Hand o' Vecna, to the rescue! I can bring my DVD player, but since I'm only playing in one game (Henry's afternoon Mutants & Masterminds game), I was planning to use the morning to run some errands and do some cleaning up at my place. 'Course, if enough people persuaded me to come in the morning....

Also, due to unforseen monetary shortages, plus a lack of a vehicle, I won't be able to join y'all for dinner at Applbee's in Cary tonight, nor will I be able to join you for dinner at Rockola Cafe after Gamer Day (unless I find a 10-spot in my couch cushions) :(

Oh, Henry, did you ever get my reply to the 2 questions/comments you'd asked about my character via e-mail?

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Hand of Vecna said:
Oh, Henry, did you ever get my reply to the 2 questions/comments you'd asked about my character via e-mail?

10-4; all is cool. You taught me something new about Energy Fields, too. :)

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Hand of Vecna said:
Hand o' Vecna, to the rescue! I can bring my DVD player, but since I'm only playing in one game (Henry's afternoon Mutants & Masterminds game), I was planning to use the morning to run some errands and do some cleaning up at my place. 'Course, if enough people persuaded me to come in the morning....

You just KNOW you want to get "Down and Dirty on the Farm" in the morning slot, don't you? Don't you?

And, BTW, "Hand o'Vecna, to the rescue!" is something I bet most folks don't hear for their entire gaming careers. ;)

I think Hand 'o Vecna would make a perfect Father McCallister...with the good book in your left hand and a longsword in the right. Playing an inebriated preacher is MUCH better than running errands, methinks. :) I'll bring the DVD and TV tomorrow regardless, and if we wind up with a player then that'll be a fun lunchtime activity.

Rel, I'll try to get to the Applebee's a little early tonight and request a table for Morrus, party of 8.

Matt

jlhorner1974

First Post
Grrrrrr.

I have a lost minute conflict, and I won't be able to attend. So please offer my slot in NSCUCM's FR game to someone else. I'm sorry for the late notice. I feel really bad I won't be able to attend. I was looking forward to meeting you guys.

Remove ads