NC Game Day XI: September 23! (Player Registration Now Open)

Rel said:
Is there something you need to tell us, Rich?

Not me. But look at the internet, there is someone who like anything out there. Build a website, and they will come. Smoking amputees with double jointed thumbs? Bam, some guy in Iowa thinks that's the best thing going. Some someone out there has to think Ginger would look hot in a beard.

Henry

Autoexreginated
A Little more clarification, which for my post is sorely needed...

1. "Arkham Squad" is cthulhu-ish goodness mixed with the style of a paramilitary series like the old TV shows Threshold or Special Unit 2...

2. 1st edition AD&D stands on its own, not much need to explain that -- something around 5th or 6th level...

3. EQUILIBRIUM is a movie starring Christian Bale that featured a dystopia founded on repression of all emotion and creativity through heavy medication, and a band of failing freedom fighters who try to exist in this world, aided by one kick-ass Gun-fu artist. Ever since a previous gameday when Lola brought this movie to my attention, I've been playing around with the idea that it would make an awesome setting for a one-shot...

Now, with that in mind, if any of those appeal to people looking for an afternoon game, let me know.

Belen

Adventurer
Henry said:
3. EQUILIBRIUM is a movie starring Christian Bale that featured a dystopia founded on repression of all emotion and creativity through heavy medication, and a band of failing freedom fighters who try to exist in this world, aided by one kick-ass Gun-fu artist. Ever since a previous gameday when Lola brought this movie to my attention, I've been playing around with the idea that it would make an awesome setting for a one-shot...

Now, with that in mind, if any of those appeal to people looking for an afternoon game, let me know.

That would be so frickin' cool. You may even draw me away from Firefly with your Gun Katas.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Alright, Firefly is up, currently scheduled for afternoon. (Rel, I accidentally created a duplicate of the event due to interface confusion, so if you could kill one, that'd be great) I decided to go with show characters, since it'll be easier for people to get in character that way. PM me if you want to call a specific character, so that I remember!

Dolom

First Post
Kunimatyu said:
Alright, Firefly is up, currently scheduled for afternoon. (Rel, I accidentally created a duplicate of the event due to interface confusion, so if you could kill one, that'd be great) I decided to go with show characters, since it'll be easier for people to get in character that way. PM me if you want to call a specific character, so that I remember!

I think the forum is angry with me, since it won't let me send a PM.

I'd like to call dibs on Book, if you're allowing him.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Kunimatyu said:

Can do but I would offer a couple words of advice and you may want to go back and edit the game before it's finally assigned tables and so forth.

First, there is no problem with it being only 3 hours long per se. But we do 5 hour slots (9-2 and 3-8) so if you want to expand the time frame a bit then you have some room for it. The more sticky problem with the timing is that you've got it scheduled to start at 2:00 PM. We normally have a one hour lunch break starting at 2:00. You can leave it starting at 2:00 if you like but you run into a couple problems.

One is that if there is a game at your table scheduled to run from 9-2 then it might run over into your slot by a few minutes if you are planning on starting promptly at 2:00. Also, if any of your players are playing in the AM slot then they might want a few minutes to grab some lunch before they get cracking on pillaging the verse.

As a suggestion, especially if you're only going to run the game for 3 hours, I'd slide your start time back to 3:00.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Rel said:
Can do but I would offer a couple words of advice and you may want to go back and edit the game before it's finally assigned tables and so forth.

First, there is no problem with it being only 3 hours long per se. But we do 5 hour slots (9-2 and 3-8) so if you want to expand the time frame a bit then you have some room for it. The more sticky problem with the timing is that you've got it scheduled to start at 2:00 PM. We normally have a one hour lunch break starting at 2:00. You can leave it starting at 2:00 if you like but you run into a couple problems.

One is that if there is a game at your table scheduled to run from 9-2 then it might run over into your slot by a few minutes if you are planning on starting promptly at 2:00. Also, if any of your players are playing in the AM slot then they might want a few minutes to grab some lunch before they get cracking on pillaging the verse.

As a suggestion, especially if you're only going to run the game for 3 hours, I'd slide your start time back to 3:00.

It's in the 3-8 timeslot now.

Remove ads